Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Blue North 3 round mock has Steelers going all offense

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Great Blue North 3 round mock has Steelers going all offense

1.24 OT Jonathan Martin
    2.56 OG Amini Silatolu
    3.86 RB Isaiah Pead

http://www.gbnreport.com/2012projection.html

We've all talked about the need for our defense to get younger, and how we need to fortify up the middle especially (NT, ILB, S), but this type of two day haul could potentially do wonders for our offense.

A potential starting OL of Martin-Silatolu-Pouncey-Colon-Gilbert is pretty impressive (granted, we wouldn't start the season with a couple of rookies protecting Ben's blind side). Silatolu, while rising up draft boards, should require an apprenticeship before he is ready for prime time, because it is a long way from Midwestern State to the NFL. Legursky, Foster, Essex, and Jon Scott provide depth.

At WR, we'd have Wallace, Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery. At RB, we'd have Redman to carry the majority of the load, Pead as a home run hitter, and eventually Mendenhall to take over the reins when he heals. At TE, we'd have Miller to carry the majority of the load, Pope as an extra blocker in short yardage situations, and eventually Saunders as a young pass catching threat once his suspension is up.

Hall of Famer
    i can see their reasoning

21st ranked unit vs. a yearly top ranked defense

Their reasoning seems to make sense. If our FO did it this way I wouldn't personally dig it, but they know a whole lot more about this than I do. If they think we don't need a top pick (1-3) for the middle of our D after this offseason, they must know something I don't.

I could live with that.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Draft 2.0

1. Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M
    2. Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    3. Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    4. Donte Moncrief, WR, Mississippi
    5a. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona
    5b. Seantrel Henderson, OT, Miami
    6a. Kevin Pierre-Louis, OLB, Boston College
    6b. Glen Stanley, OLB, Albany St
    7. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin

Legend
    Not suee I would buy that the first three picks would be offense. Definitely need the OL but if you look at the recent FA resignings of Cotchery, Essex, Johson (dumb) and the acquisition of Pope they definitely are tying to fix the offense.

I'm OK with OL in the first two picks but I would go ILB or NT with #3.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

D in round 1. Hightower all the way. He fits our team perfectly. Hope no one jumps ahead of us to get him.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    D in round 1. Hightower all the way. He fits our team perfectly. Hope no one jumps ahead of us to get him.
    I hope someone does. Nothing against Hightower but I'd prefer focusing on the OL.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I hope someone does. Nothing against Hightower but I'd prefer focusing on the OL.
    Can Hightower block and protect Ben? No, then sorry I'd go OL. Everyone does realize that if we lose Ben for an extended period it won't matter what meaningless "ranking" the defense has because we won't win.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Now Charlie Campbell from Walterfootball.com has given us the exact same 3 guys as GBN in the first 3 rounds, plus a CB and NT in 4 & 5.

1.24 OT Jonathan Martin
    2.56 OG Amini Silatolu
    3.86 RB Isaiah Pead

4.119 CB Chase Minnifield
    5.159 NT Akiem Hicks

Me likey. Me likey a lot.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012charlie.php

we might as well draft all offensive players, there is no way a rookie can get on the field anyway under LeBeau's complex defensive system.