Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams Inquiring about Mike Wallace

Legend

User Info Menu

Teams Inquiring about Mike Wallace

Per KFFL.

Also reporting that we re-signed David Johnson. Woo=hoo...

Legend

User Info Menu

They've got less than a week to make an offer. Since the draft starts 2 weeks from today, we need a full week to decide whether or not we want to match their offer and keep him, or take their 1st round pick instead.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    They've got less than a week to make an offer. Since the draft starts 2 weeks from today, we need a full week to decide whether or not we want to match their offer and keep him, or take their 1st round pick instead.
    Looks like they are looking for a trade, not a RFA signing. Teams don't seem willing to give up the first for him, so they are seeing if they can get him for less because there is a possible hold out coming.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AB84 View Post
    Looks like they are looking for a trade, not a RFA signing. Teams don't seem willing to give up the first for him, so they are seeing if they can get him for less because there is a possible hold out coming.
    $$$
    Steelers may decide to trade him for a second or third rounder rather than to deal with a holdout.

Backup

User Info Menu

Report: Handful of teams interested in Mike Wallace trade

Posted by Josh Alper on April 12, 2012, 2:58 PM EDT
    Getty ImagesWhen [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5329/mike-wallace"]Mike Wallace[/URL] became a restricted free agent, his camp tried to spread the message that teams would be lining up to sign him because it would only take a first-round pick in compensation under the new CBA.
    That didn’t work, but they aren’t through trying to get Wallace more money than he’s set to be paid under the tender placed on him by the Steelers earlier in the offseason. Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports that [URL="http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/04/12/teams-interested-in-trading-for-wallace-but-will-steelers-listen/#.T4cMaWB7eCI.twitter"]a handful of teams[/URL] are interested in making a trade for the disgruntled wideout and, as Kaboly points out, this is the next stage in Wallace’s strategy to get a big new contract.
    Via a trade, teams could land Wallace without giving up a first-round pick while Wallace would still be able to get the long-term deal that he hasn’t been able to get from the Steelers. By making it known that he won’t sign his tender, Wallace is signaling that he’ll be a thorn in the side of the Steelers and that it might just be better for them to get what they can for him now than deal with the headaches before he leaves as an unrestricted free agent after the 2012 season. That outcome seems likely given the tenor of negotiations thus far and the hints sent by Wallace’s camp about how much he’d like to be paid.
    The Steelers made a somewhat similar deal with [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3635/santonio-holmes"]Santonio Holmes[/URL] before the 2010 Draft. Holmes had off-field issues, but, like Wallace, Holmes was entering the final year before unrestricted free agency when the Steelers dealt him for a fifth-round pick. Whether or not they would be willing to part with Wallace is unclear, although it is preferable to get something for him instead of watching him leave for nothing as a free agent a year from now.

Featured Video

On Thursday's Show:
    CSN New England Patriots Insider Tom Curran

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd like to see Wallace stay. But he's nowhere as good as he seems to think he is, so I'm not optimistic that he will stay. We survived the loss of Plexipunk and Santokio...we'll survive the loss of Mr. "One-Trick Pony" as well...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    $$$
    Steelers may decide to trade him for a second or third rounder rather than to deal with a holdout.
    A 2nd and a 3rd would be quite fine with me. Bear in mind I'm not one of those who hates on Wallace because he's being something of a pill lately. I think he is a big weapon and would be a loss. But if we can gain a couple of good picks for him, I'm all for giving him his way (i.e. walking papers).

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hes not going anywhere for the next 2 seasons unless the steelers let him. If he holds out he won't get paid. If he stays out longer than 10 weeks he won't register for FA next year and he will have accomplished nothing. If he comes back this year, we can just Franchise tag him next year. Big drama over nothing.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Backup

User Info Menu

Whats the point of trading him for a 3rd round pick, dont we get that fo him if he leaves next year!!

Legend

User Info Menu

please please please let some take this P.O.S off our team