Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace will not sign tender...Wants long term deal or he plans on sitting out

Legend

User Info Menu

Wallace will not sign tender...Wants long term deal or he plans on sitting out

[URL]http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-04-11/pittsburgh-steelers-mike-wallace-restricted-free-agent-contract-tender[/URL]

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace has no plans to sign his contract tender, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.
    Wallace, a restricted free agent, received a tender from the Steelers of $2.742 million earlier in the offseason.
    Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Mike Wallace has no plans to sign his contract tender, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN. (AP Photo)

The 25-year-old will sit out the team’s offseason activities if he doesn’t get a new deal, according to Schefter. The two sides have had a hard time finding common ground on a contract, Schefter reported.
    Last season, Wallace recorded 72 receptions (a career high), 1,193 receiving yards and eight touchdowns for Pittsburgh en route to his first Pro Bowl selection.
    The Steelers did reach an agreement on a two-year deal to retain wide receiver Jerricho Cotchery. He is expected to compete with Emmanuel Sanders for the No. 3 receiver spot.

Read more: [URL]http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-04-11/pittsburgh-steelers-mike-wallace-restricted-free-agent-contract-tender#ixzz1rmaDsrbP[/URL]
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Legend

User Info Menu

hmmm, where are all the wallace lovers that talk about what a great team guy that he is?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

won't work.

the steelers have all the leverage.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't blame Wallace. Millions of dollars are at stake.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I don't blame Wallace. Millions of dollars are at stake.
    f wallace. play by the rules and make your money next year. playing hardball aint gonna get it done.

Legend

User Info Menu

He's a free agent. Not a big deal. Yet. It's not like he had a SIGNED contract and refused to go to work.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't think it's a big deal either, he'll sign at some point. What if he signs that tender and gets hurt? God forbid obviously but say it's a injury that may take away some of his speed. He'd be screwed. I don't blame him for wanting a long term deal and believe the Steelers will get one hashed out.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I had a feeling that these contract negotiations are not going well.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

I'm sure Wallace was offered a long-term deal. But, since it wasn't Fitzgerald money, he won't sign it
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sounds like agent-speak...chances are the deal is being worked out & the agent is making a play for a bit more money on top.

That said, great reporting. Zero evidence, no quotes- just Schefter's opinion from the look of it.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.