Thread: Before Noll ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Before Noll ?

To whom did the Steelers offer the head coaching job to prior, to Chuck Noll ?

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe New England also offered him a head coaching gig later, which he accepted, but then changed his mind shortly thereafter.

NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You got it right Ruthless

Starter

User Info Menu

Who was the Steeler's coach before Noll? (no googling)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Who was the Steeler's coach before Noll? (no googling)
    Fred Flintstone?
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Legend

User Info Menu

Hmmm...the Johnny "Blood" McNally era was too long ago...not late 60's. I'll take a shot in the dark and say Walt Keisling.

(now I'm going to check on Google as soon as I submit this)...

NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

Legend

User Info Menu

Drat! Missed it!!! Of course, I was born in 1975, so what do I know. Interesting that Kiesling was the coach on 3 separate occassions, though (39-40, 41-44, and 54-56). Bert Bell's Steelers went 0-2 in 1941, then they switched to Aldo Donelli who went 0-5 in 1941, before handing the reigns back to Kiesling again late in the 1941 season...3 coaches in 1 year! I don't think even George Steinbrenner ever did that!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bill Austin before Noll

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Bill Austin before Noll
    Correct, Fezzig. Good job!

Rookie

User Info Menu

I'll take a shot in the dark and say Walt Keisling.