Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cotchery Resigns 2 year deal

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Great news but kind of surprising. With all of the teams needing WR help out there, how is it that this guy is available to come back as our #4 WR? Both in terms of PT and money value.
    He hated the locker room atmosphere with the Jets and loved the locker room atmosphere with the Steelers. Why risk going someplace new where it may be dysfunctional again and you'll be miserable, when you already know what you have here (and like it). It's not as if he would be any team's top option anyway (or likely anyone's #2 either). So if you are deciding whether to go somewhere else and be their #3, or stay here and be our #4 (which might be a de facto #3 judging by how often Manny Sanders is injured), he decided to stay where he was happy.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Good move for both parties...

If you're curious as to why Cotchery would agree to be a Steeler, lok no further than Chris Hoke's quote when he resigned with the Steelers in 2007:

"I feel like they (the Steelers) respect what I do," Hoke told the Valley Independent of Monessen, one of the few newspapers that bothered to interview him after his signing. "It would be fun to start, but the thought of going somewhere else -- you might not mesh with the coaching staff or the players or the organization, and the next thing you know you're out the door in a year or two."

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Buzzing, Excellent news!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Teams know that taking Steelers doesn't work out for ANYONE these days. We actually have a team and each fills a void. We keep the stars and the others do a good job or holding their own. But when someone takes them thinking they are a budding star, they are unhappy and out a bunch of money. Redskins, Cardinals, Browns and Bengals. All taking our leftovers. We have even shown that when these players get cut from their new teams, that we will take them back and they do well. Foote, Randle El, etc.

Starter

User Info Menu

This is really big, especially since I just read that Adam Schefter reports Wallace has no intention of signing his one-year tender. He could be sitting out a long time.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like it alot!
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    This is really big, especially since I just read that Adam Schefter reports Wallace has no intention of signing his one-year tender. He could be sitting out a long time.
    for sure! This wallace thing will be interesting to watch.
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

great news

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wallace is under contract for next year...he has no choice but to play. Unless he signs a long-term deal with us or someone else, I guarantee he will be signing his one year tender. Otherwise, he'd be playing out his rookie contract. I'm not sure what that would be, but I'm guessing a whole lot less than the 1st round tender of $2.7M.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

​This is very good on many levels. Welcome back Jerricho.