1. CB Sidney Jones, Washington 6'0" 181
2. FS Budda Baker, Washington 5'10" 192
3. OLB Tyus Bowser, Houston 6'2" 244
4. ILB Connor Harris, Lindenwood 5'11 241
5. RB James Conner, Pittsburgh 6'2" 240
5c. TE Jeremy Sprinkle, Arkansas 6'5" 256
6. QB Chad Kelly, Mississippi 6'2" 224
7. WR Demore'ea Stringfellow, Mississippi 6'2" 212
7c. DE Collin Bevins, Northwest Missouri State 6'5" 286
2015 MNF Executive Champion!
Good move for both parties...
If you're curious as to why Cotchery would agree to be a Steeler, lok no further than Chris Hoke's quote when he resigned with the Steelers in 2007:
"I feel like they (the Steelers) respect what I do," Hoke told the Valley Independent of Monessen, one of the few newspapers that bothered to interview him after his signing. "It would be fun to start, but the thought of going somewhere else -- you might not mesh with the coaching staff or the players or the organization, and the next thing you know you're out the door in a year or two."
Buzzing, Excellent news!
Teams know that taking Steelers doesn't work out for ANYONE these days. We actually have a team and each fills a void. We keep the stars and the others do a good job or holding their own. But when someone takes them thinking they are a budding star, they are unhappy and out a bunch of money. Redskins, Cardinals, Browns and Bengals. All taking our leftovers. We have even shown that when these players get cut from their new teams, that we will take them back and they do well. Foote, Randle El, etc.
This is really big, especially since I just read that Adam Schefter reports Wallace has no intention of signing his one-year tender. He could be sitting out a long time.
I like it alot!
1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340
DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242
Wallace is under contract for next year...he has no choice but to play. Unless he signs a long-term deal with us or someone else, I guarantee he will be signing his one year tender. Otherwise, he'd be playing out his rookie contract. I'm not sure what that would be, but I'm guessing a whole lot less than the 1st round tender of $2.7M.
This is very good on many levels. Welcome back Jerricho.