Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cotchery Resigns 2 year deal

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Great news but kind of surprising. With all of the teams needing WR help out there, how is it that this guy is available to come back as our #4 WR? Both in terms of PT and money value.
    He hated the locker room atmosphere with the Jets and loved the locker room atmosphere with the Steelers. Why risk going someplace new where it may be dysfunctional again and you'll be miserable, when you already know what you have here (and like it). It's not as if he would be any team's top option anyway (or likely anyone's #2 either). So if you are deciding whether to go somewhere else and be their #3, or stay here and be our #4 (which might be a de facto #3 judging by how often Manny Sanders is injured), he decided to stay where he was happy.

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    4.118 CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware

Good move for both parties...

If you're curious as to why Cotchery would agree to be a Steeler, lok no further than Chris Hoke's quote when he resigned with the Steelers in 2007:

"I feel like they (the Steelers) respect what I do," Hoke told the Valley Independent of Monessen, one of the few newspapers that bothered to interview him after his signing. "It would be fun to start, but the thought of going somewhere else -- you might not mesh with the coaching staff or the players or the organization, and the next thing you know you're out the door in a year or two."

Benchwarmer
    Buzzing, Excellent news!

Pro Bowler
    Teams know that taking Steelers doesn't work out for ANYONE these days. We actually have a team and each fills a void. We keep the stars and the others do a good job or holding their own. But when someone takes them thinking they are a budding star, they are unhappy and out a bunch of money. Redskins, Cardinals, Browns and Bengals. All taking our leftovers. We have even shown that when these players get cut from their new teams, that we will take them back and they do well. Foote, Randle El, etc.

This is really big, especially since I just read that Adam Schefter reports Wallace has no intention of signing his one-year tender. He could be sitting out a long time.

I like it alot!

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    This is really big, especially since I just read that Adam Schefter reports Wallace has no intention of signing his one-year tender. He could be sitting out a long time.
    for sure! This wallace thing will be interesting to watch.
    Trade #15 (1) to 49ers for #’s 30, 61, 242 (1, 2,7)

1. Kyle Fuller –CB– Virginia Tech –6/200
    2. Shayne Skov –ILB– Stanford –6-2/245
    2. Cody Latimer –WR– Indiana –6-2/ 220
    3. Justin Ellis –NT– Louisiana Tech –6-2/330
    4. Shaquil Barrett –OLB– CSU –6-2/250
    5. Shaquille Richardson –CB– Arizona –6/200
    5. Taylor Hart –DE– Oregon –6-5/280
    6. Seantrel Henderson –OT– Miami –6-7/330
    6. Jordan Najvar – TE – Baylor – 6-6/250
    7. Pat O'Donnell –P– Miami –6-5/222
    7. Jacques Smith –OLB– Tennessee –6-1/250

great news
    " We'll do the same thing we always do, we'll take every situation from week to week and do what we think is best for that week and evaluate it on that basis.. If cheating will give us the edge as it has always done then, we will continue to cheat. " Bill Belichick

Wallace is under contract for next year...he has no choice but to play. Unless he signs a long-term deal with us or someone else, I guarantee he will be signing his one year tender. Otherwise, he'd be playing out his rookie contract. I'm not sure what that would be, but I'm guessing a whole lot less than the 1st round tender of $2.7M.

"I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

"Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."

-Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

​This is very good on many levels. Welcome back Jerricho.
    PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS