View Poll Results: If the following are available at #24, who would you take?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Adams, OT, Ohio State

0 0%
  • Mark Barron, SS, Alabama

7 25.93%
  • Coby Fleener, TE, Stanford

1 3.70%
  • Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama

10 37.04%
  • Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin

5 18.52%
  • Doug Martin, RB, Boise State

1 3.70%
  • Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB, Illinois

0 0%
  • Nick Perry, DE/OLB, USC

1 3.70%
  • Devon Still, DE/DT, Penn State

2 7.41%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walterfootball Reader Mock Draft is voting on Steelers pick at #24 now

Legend

User Info Menu

Here are the final voting results from Walterfootball along with some commentary about the Steelers pick (as well as one random comment about the Browns for no particular reason that I can find:

Pittsburgh Steelers: Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama

Dont'a Hightower: 54.6%
    Mike Adams: 19.5%
    Mark Barron: 7.8%
    Whitney Mercilus: 4.4%
    Devon Still: 3.9%
    Coby Fleener: 2.7%
    Nick Perry: 2.4%
    Peter Konz: 2.4%
    Doug Martin: 2.3%
    Total votes: 1,840

Brian S: Hightower, every LB they draft turns out great no matter who they are.

Kyle M: Has to be Hightower. losing Farrior opens up a huge hole next to Timmons; plus none of their other needs are within reach, aside from Doug Martin and maybe Mike Adams.

Jonathan M: The interrior of the Steelers defense needs to get younger. Hightower comes from a pro ready defense. Hightower should be able to fit right into Dick Lebeau's defense.

Peter O: The Steelers' defense is aging. Adding another defensive piece could be what would take them back to the Superbowl

David E: The Steelers biggest needs are O-line, NT and LB. There is no value in the O-line or NT at spot 24, so the options are trade or Hightower.

Timothy S: One thing for sure is that this is going to be a defensive pick. I can see why so many people want the Steelers to select Dont'a Hightower and it would be a good pick. Personally I voted Mark Barron. I don't know why Janoris Jenkins wasn't included in the poll, though. The Steelers could use a Corner.

Tim M: The logical choice is Hightower here. Adams and Barron would both garner interest but if I had to guess I'd think that Hightower would out rank all others in terms of BPA. I like what I've heard about Hightower, but based on his lateral numbers I'm not thrilled.

El Dopa: I don't understand Cleveland. They keep saying they need a wr and qb. But last year they could have drafted Julio Jones and this year make the trade for RG3.

Matt R: The only logical moves I can see are the Steelers trading down and grabbing Alameda Ta'amu in the 2nd or trading up to snatch Poe from (in this draft's case) the Panthers.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I picked hightower because I don't trust moving players from position to position. I don't like play a SS at FS. I don't like playing a G at C. I wouldn't move Pouncey for all the money in the world. that's one of the DUMBEST ideas I've ever heard. Now if Hightower were gone, I'd go with Konz. He'd play guard. But to move an NFL, PRO BOWL quality Center would be the DUMBEST thing we could do.