Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Could the top guard possibly fall in the draft? I don't think so, but still...

  1. #11
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,099
    Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    Dude!! Epic reasonable draft in which teams rumored to be interested in DeCastro decide to go in another direction at a position of greater perceived importance than a guard!! That is beast.
    Thanks, Easter Bunny. Bawk, bawk!!!

  2. #12
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,099
    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Stop drinking the Flippy sauce.
    I didn't think Mickey D's secret sauce was drinkable.

  3. #13
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,950
    Weird things happen in every draft.

    The only picks that will definitely be gone before we pick are...
    Luck
    Griffin
    Kalil
    Claiborne
    Blackmon
    Richardson

    After that, almost anyone could fall into our range. Certainly it looks like guys like Kuechly and DeCastro will be long gone (especially considering their character and polished skill set). But, I won't be shocked when some franchises reach for players they fall in love with and allow a good player to slide down to us or into a range we can trade into. Hopefully, it works out that way.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

  4. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,407
    Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post
    I think OG might fall because this draft has quite a few quality interior linemen.

    Teams might wait till 2nd-4th rd to draft an OG.

    I believe Cordy Glenn will be available at 24 unless Bengals pick him at 21.
    Excellent reasoning- supply & demand will dictate the drafting of various players. Here's something to ponder though- Cordy Glenn could be viewed as a RT considering the lack of quality at OT in this draft. If that is the case- is he the 4th best OT? Does he go before Adams or Martin as an OT? And if Glenn gets looked at as an OT, does that bump up the value of the #3 OG- Kevin Zeitler?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  5. #15
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,407
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    Weird things happen in every draft.

    The only picks that will definitely be gone before we pick are...
    Luck
    Griffin
    Kalil
    Claiborne
    Blackmon
    Richardson

    After that, almost anyone could fall into our range. Certainly it looks like guys like Kuechly and DeCastro will be long gone (especially considering their character and polished skill set). But, I won't be shocked when some franchises reach for players they fall in love with and allow a good player to slide down to us or into a range we can trade into. Hopefully, it works out that way.
    Weird things do happen! For every Pittsburgh Steelers, there is a KC, Buffalo, Jacksonville & Oakland overdrafting & selecting reach players & letting quality guys slide down the draft order.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  6. #16
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,774
    David DeCastro has about as much of a chance of dropping to the Steelers at #24 as Limas Sweed did of staying healthy.

  7. #17
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Weird things do happen! For every Pittsburgh Steelers, there is a KC, Buffalo, Jacksonville & Oakland overdrafting & selecting reach players & letting quality guys slide down the draft order.
    Unfortunately, we do not have Oakland there this year to make a horrible pick that sends better picks down to us...after all of their stupid trades and supplementary draft selections, all that they had left was a 5th and a 6th round picks until they got comp picks at the end of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th.

  8. #18
    Why is it so unreasonable? It would absolutely not be shocking if DeCastro was available at #24...

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Why is it so unreasonable? It would absolutely not be shocking if DeCastro was available at #24...
    You're kidding right?
    You've seen the guy play, you've read the scouting reports, you've seen how he carries himself... and there are 23 teams ahead of us who get paid to evaluate all that we see and more. And you're saying you wouldn't be shocked to see this guy fall into our lap at 24?

    I'd faint.

  10. #20
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    You're kidding right?
    You've seen the guy play, you've read the scouting reports, you've seen how he carries himself... and there are 23 teams ahead of us who get paid to evaluate all that we see and more. And you're saying you wouldn't be shocked to see this guy fall into our lap at 24?

    I'd faint.
    It may be less likely now because the Bengals just signed a CB.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •