Thread: Steelers Host FA Leonard Pope, TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Host FA Leonard Pope, TE

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/4/10/2938833/nfl-2012-free-agency-steelers-leonard-pope-visit[/URL]

As a blocking TE and a big body in the red zone, Pope would be a nice addition. I didn't realize his history with Haley until I read the link from BTSC. I would like to see this happen, provided, of course, that his asking price is reasonable.

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe our third-person correspondent from the Planet Steelers Office (Down Under Campus) predicted this one weeks ago.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

He would be a great add. Johnson is essentially worthless whether playing TE or his quasi-FB position. Saunders still has potential and could learn behind Pope and Miller. I think his issues were with failing to report a ADD drug not Holmes-like recreational drugs.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    He would be a great add. Johnson is essentially worthless whether playing TE or his quasi-FB position. Saunders still has potential and could learn behind Pope and Miller. I think his issues were with failing to report a ADD drug not Holmes-like recreational drugs.
    I think Saunders has the potential to be great but if Haley tries to NOT use his weapons like Arians did it really doesn't matter who we have for a tight end.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!