Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Name some off the radar 1st round possibilities.

Legend

User Info Menu

I've been thinking Coby Fleener could be the surprise pick.

Another could be Rueben Randle. He's a big athletic WR that could help us in the RedZone. Quality kid from a big time program and happens to be a junior which Tomlin seems to like.

Don't think it would happen, but Josh Robinson of Central Florida could be another surprise 1st rounder. Seems like one of the best athletes at the CB position in the draft. He's a junior too. Not a big program. And he's a little short at 5'10" but is around 200lbs and seems like a guy that Lake/Lebeau could really work with to turn into a prototype Steelers corner. Seems a little reachy and not a sure thing. But has a lot of upside.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Do you know Zeitler's game (i.e. have you watched)? Just wondering, cause he is intriguing.
    Being from Wisconsin though, I think we may be gunshy, considering Urbik. Zeitler's name seems like it could be interchangeable with Urbik's.
    From Chadman's understanding, Zeitler is a 'safe' type of pick- in that, the chances of him not making it are slim. His fundamentals are supposed to be good, he's supposed to be intelligent, he seems quite mobile & reports say he is driven to perfection. On top of that, there seems to be no specific weakness to his game. To counter this though- he's limited to OG only & doesn't look like the kind of guy that'll drop your jaw & make you stare in disbelief at just how awesome he is.

He's...solid.

Might not be a sexy pick, but he might just be what the Steelers need.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Legend

User Info Menu

You want an "Off the radar" possibility?

Bruce Irvin.

The Steelers spent time with him at the Combine, and now both Colbert & Tomlin attended West Virginia's Pro Day. The Steelers don't tend to send the big guns out to see potential 6th round types, you'd have to think they were running the eye over Irvin, who could just be the best pass rusher in the draft.

If they are not sold on Worilds, Harrison does turn 34 before the season is out...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post

Bruce Irvin.

The Steelers spent time with him at the Combine, and now both Colbert & Tomlin attended West Virginia's Pro Day. The Steelers don't tend to send the big guns out to see potential 6th round types, you'd have to think they were running the eye over Irvin, who could just be the best pass rusher in the draft.

If they are not sold on Worilds, Harrison does turn 34 before the season is out...
    That would be intriguing. However, are you also dismissing Chris Carter, the OLB we picked out of Fresno St last year too?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bruce Irvin.

Oh, I think the Steelers do like Bruce Irvin very much. I also think they like Keith Tandy as a corner/safety. But, I think (and hope) they like Irvin as a day two guy.

Also, I wouldn't read too much into both Tomlin and Colbert attending the pro day since it is only a 50 minute drive or so.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Devon Still or Nick Perry.

Bobby Massie maybe. What round is he expected to go? 2nd?
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Bruce Irvin.

No way on Irvin. He was deemed academically ineligible to play high school football, dropped out of high school, and served a stint in juvenile jail (got a GED and went to junior college before moving on to WVU), then was arrested again recently for destruction of property and disorderly conduct. He's a borderline 3rd round prospect (could easily fall to day 3 of the draft)...if we took him in round 1, I'd be legitimately sick.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post

Massie's a second round prospect...he may go higher than #56, but if he falls to us in round 2, I think the team would be interested.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    No way on Irvin. He was deemed academically ineligible to play high school football, dropped out of high school, and served a stint in juvenile jail (got a GED and went to junior college before moving on to WVU), then was arrested again recently for destruction of property and disorderly conduct. He's a borderline 3rd round prospect (could easily fall to day 3 of the draft)...if we took him in round 1, I'd be legitimately sick.
    Chadman has read about his character concerns, however the reports say he interviewed very well in relation to his past, addressing it well to a number of teams. Apparently he has done a complete 360 degree turnaround on the guy he was growing up to the guy he is now. The recent arrest was slightly concerning, but have also read that it's a 'nothing' charge- an over reaction on the cashiers part (can't remember where Chadman read that- but not making it up...was it Pat Kirwan that reported it??)

The reports also say that it's his dedication to getting the grades up to attend college that attracts people to him.

If he's mentally up to it, he's pretty much the #1 pass rusher in the draft class. Dude can play.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post

Love Devon Still- Levon Kirkland's cousin. He's the most damaging DL in the draft, in Chadman's opinion.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR