Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Name some off the radar 1st round possibilities.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Kevin Zeitler for OG. Experienced blue-collar type, multiyear starter from a major program in a major conference. Reputed to be the anti-Kemo...in other words very smart. Could plug him in at Guard for 10 years.
    Do you know Zeitler's game (i.e. have you watched)? Just wondering, cause he is intriguing.
    Being from Wisconsin though, I think we may be gunshy, considering Urbik. Zeitler's name seems like it could be interchangeable with Urbik's.

Legend

User Info Menu

Zack Brown is a freak athlete, but has been ignored by the Steeler nation. He is a pick that I believe would be a good one, and would shock most fans.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Do you know Zeitler's game (i.e. have you watched)? Just wondering, cause he is intriguing.
    Being from Wisconsin though, I think we may be gunshy, considering Urbik. Zeitler's name seems like it could be interchangeable with Urbik's.
    Urbik seems to be getting high props in Buff so I think we might have screwed the pooch on that one.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Zack Brown is a freak athlete, but has been ignored by the Steeler nation. He is a pick that I believe would be a good one, and would shock most fans.
    Shawn,

He is a great athlete and would be phenomenal as a nickel LBer rushing the passer and covering TEs and RBs. But, teams like Baltimore would run right at him all day long. He does not take on blockers in the hole. He is unwilling to meet the fullback head on. Unless, he changes his mindset, he would try to run around Vonta Leach and would not maintain his assignment. This would be a huge problem. The Steelers (and most 3-4 linebacker teams) will not employ a finesse only linebacker.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Urbik seems to be getting high props in Buff so I think we might have screwed the pooch on that one.
    Yeah, I did notice that he was starting over there.
    It is sad to know that he would/could/should be manning one of the Guard spots that we are currently trying to fill.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

urbik couldn't beat out foster or legursky while he was here.

I find it funny that because he starts in buffalo, he would somehow be a star here.

when did buffalos offensive line become the NFL's gold standard?
    Last edited by Eddie Spaghetti; 04-09-2012 at 12:20 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

He does seem to be doing well there. I also think we gave up on him a year too early and now we are stuck with replacing mediocre Guards in Foster and Legursky.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    urbik couldn't beat out foster or legursky while he was here.

I find it funny that because he starts in buffalo, he would somehow be a star here.

when did buffalos offensive line become the NFL's gold standard?

I don't think the bills line is the gold standard but it seems to be much better than ours. I seem to recall them leading the league in rushing for most of last year until injuries to the line and Jackson got to them. Also, whenever I hear people talk about the Bills line Urbik is one of the guys mentioned as one of their good young players. I'm not saying Urbik is the second coming of Steve Hutchinson ... just that he would have improved our line.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

The Bills have a better interior line than us right now (Andy Levitre, Eric Wood, Kraig Urbik), but they seem to be hemorrhaging tackles. The Eagles signed Pro Bowl OT Jason Peters away from them a few years ago, and when Peters went down with an Achilles injury recently, Philly swooped in and took OT Demetress Bell away from them too. Of course, we also got OT Jonathan Scott from them too, which I'm sure is a HUGE loss.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think the bills line is the gold standard but it seems to be much better than ours. I seem to recall them leading the league in rushing for most of last year until injuries to the line and Jackson got to them. Also, whenever I hear people talk about the Bills line Urbik is one of the guys mentioned as one of their good young players. I'm not saying Urbik is the second coming of Steve Hutchinson ... just that he would have improved our line.
    I would agree. I think the Bills OL last year was every bit as good as ours if not slightly better.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"