Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: Name some off the radar 1st round possibilities.

  1. #21
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Kevin Zeitler for OG. Experienced blue-collar type, multiyear starter from a major program in a major conference. Reputed to be the anti-Kemo...in other words very smart. Could plug him in at Guard for 10 years.
    Do you know Zeitler's game (i.e. have you watched)? Just wondering, cause he is intriguing.
    Being from Wisconsin though, I think we may be gunshy, considering Urbik. Zeitler's name seems like it could be interchangeable with Urbik's.

  2. #22
    Legend Shawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,060
    Zack Brown is a freak athlete, but has been ignored by the Steeler nation. He is a pick that I believe would be a good one, and would shock most fans.
    2015 NFL Draft
    1) Shane Ray-OLB
    2) Quintin Rollins-DB
    3) Tre McBride-WR
    4) Jeff Heuerman-TE
    5) Senquez Golson-DB
    6) Kyle Emmanuel-OLB
    6) Matt Jones-RB
    7) Gerod Holliman-S

  3. #23
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    Do you know Zeitler's game (i.e. have you watched)? Just wondering, cause he is intriguing.
    Being from Wisconsin though, I think we may be gunshy, considering Urbik. Zeitler's name seems like it could be interchangeable with Urbik's.
    Urbik seems to be getting high props in Buff so I think we might have screwed the pooch on that one.

  4. #24
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Zack Brown is a freak athlete, but has been ignored by the Steeler nation. He is a pick that I believe would be a good one, and would shock most fans.
    Shawn,

    He is a great athlete and would be phenomenal as a nickel LBer rushing the passer and covering TEs and RBs. But, teams like Baltimore would run right at him all day long. He does not take on blockers in the hole. He is unwilling to meet the fullback head on. Unless, he changes his mindset, he would try to run around Vonta Leach and would not maintain his assignment. This would be a huge problem. The Steelers (and most 3-4 linebacker teams) will not employ a finesse only linebacker.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

  5. #25
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,816
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Urbik seems to be getting high props in Buff so I think we might have screwed the pooch on that one.
    Yeah, I did notice that he was starting over there.
    It is sad to know that he would/could/should be manning one of the Guard spots that we are currently trying to fill.

  6. #26
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,596
    urbik couldn't beat out foster or legursky while he was here.

    I find it funny that because he starts in buffalo, he would somehow be a star here.

    when did buffalos offensive line become the NFL's gold standard?
    Last edited by Eddie Spaghetti; 04-09-2012 at 12:20 AM.

  7. #27
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,458
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    Urbik seems to be getting high props in Buff so I think we might have screwed the pooch on that one.
    He does seem to be doing well there. I also think we gave up on him a year too early and now we are stuck with replacing mediocre Guards in Foster and Legursky.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer ikestops85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    urbik couldn't beat out foster or legursky while he was here.

    I find it funny that because he starts in buffalo, he would somehow be a star here.

    when did buffalos offensive line become the NFL's gold standard?

    I don't think the bills line is the gold standard but it seems to be much better than ours. I seem to recall them leading the league in rushing for most of last year until injuries to the line and Jackson got to them. Also, whenever I hear people talk about the Bills line Urbik is one of the guys mentioned as one of their good young players. I'm not saying Urbik is the second coming of Steve Hutchinson ... just that he would have improved our line.

  9. #29
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    23,258
    The Bills have a better interior line than us right now (Andy Levitre, Eric Wood, Kraig Urbik), but they seem to be hemorrhaging tackles. The Eagles signed Pro Bowl OT Jason Peters away from them a few years ago, and when Peters went down with an Achilles injury recently, Philly swooped in and took OT Demetress Bell away from them too. Of course, we also got OT Jonathan Scott from them too, which I'm sure is a HUGE loss.


    Final Ruthless Mock:
    1.22 CB Marcus Peters, 6'0" 197 lbs., Washington
    2.56 FS Damarious Randall, 5'11" 196 lbs., Arizona State
    3.87 TE Clive Walford, 6'4" 251 lbs., Miami
    4.121 DE Henry Anderson, 6'6" 294 lbs., Stanford
    5.160 WR Titus Davis, 6'1" 196 lbs., Central Michigan
    6.199 OLB Kyle Emanuel, 6'3" 255 lbs., North Dakota State
    6.212c OLB Max Valles, 6'5" 251 lbs., Virginia
    7.239 RB John Crockett, 6'0" 217 lbs., North Dakota State

  10. #30
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    14,458
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I don't think the bills line is the gold standard but it seems to be much better than ours. I seem to recall them leading the league in rushing for most of last year until injuries to the line and Jackson got to them. Also, whenever I hear people talk about the Bills line Urbik is one of the guys mentioned as one of their good young players. I'm not saying Urbik is the second coming of Steve Hutchinson ... just that he would have improved our line.
    I would agree. I think the Bills OL last year was every bit as good as ours if not slightly better.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •