Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "New" Steelers Uniforms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

"New" Steelers Uniforms

[URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/new-nike-uniforms-to-retain-steelers-look-629788/[/URL]

I'm a bit disappointed that the Steelers uni's are staying just about entirely the same. My hope was that they would have done a real refresh on the intimidating black & gold. Maybe using a matte black or carbon fiber or something cool. Nike has done such a good job with Oregon, it bums me out that the Steelers are still with the same old look. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the Steelers uni's. I just thought that this would be a chance to do something really cool. Alas...

The only potentially good news is that the throwbacks are going away. Hopefully, the new ones will be better than the crap they've been sporting the past few years.

Starter

User Info Menu

Dont forget they still havent released the alternates yet
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    [URL]http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/new-nike-uniforms-to-retain-steelers-look-629788/[/URL]

I'm a bit disappointed that the Steelers uni's are staying just about entirely the same. My hope was that they would have done a real refresh on the intimidating black & gold. Maybe using a matte black or carbon fiber or something cool. Nike has done such a good job with Oregon, it bums me out that the Steelers are still with the same old look. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike the Steelers uni's. I just thought that this would be a chance to do something really cool. Alas...

The only potentially good news is that the throwbacks are going away. Hopefully, the new ones will be better than the crap they've been sporting the past few years.
    DON'T MESS WITH PERFECTION! What's next, adding the logo to the left side of the helmet? I wouldn't have been upset though if they would have brought back the block numbers, but I gave up that fight years ago.

Most of the jersey's pretty much stayed the same. Seattle added neon green to their uniforms....ugly. Carolina changed the look of their Panther, so their helmet changed.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    DON'T MESS WITH PERFECTION! What's next, adding the logo to the left side of the helmet? I wouldn't have been upset though if they would have brought back the block numbers, but I gave up that fight years ago.
    Im not upset that they didnt change I like the way they look. Although I am interested to see what Nike wouldve done if they had changed
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This just seemed like a great opportunity to refresh the B&G in a powerful way. The uni's are cool, but not perfect. There are so many cool ideas that could have been used, but instead they just settled.

For the record, the block numbers were great... in the 1970's.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wish we would get new throwback unis, definitely not a fan of the current ones we have.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I wish we would get new throwback unis, definitely not a fan of the current ones we have.
    You're getting your wish. The Steelers are changing up their throwbacks this season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Yeah, the ones they've worn the past few seasons are really terrible. Fortunately, they are changing those. Although, I'm not a big fan of having throwbacks in the first place.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The only change I would have liked is the block numbers. We have the best uniform in the nfl, I would have been extremely ticked if they changed it

Backup

User Info Menu

Oregon's unis were/are horrid. I was worried about the new ones as everything Nike touches they screw up. Some of that crap they have been putting on the field the past few years is flat out putrid.

No way should the Steelers unis be changed. The best unis in the league are the ones that don't change. Steelers, Colts, Packers to name a few.