Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A few days before Easter Mock

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    Or you could just make Ben the weapon by giving him time to throw the ball. He has weapons. Two of the best young receivers in the game. Give him time where he can use his improv skills without killing him. Look at what he can do with no time. Now imagine him having time.
    I don't think it matters for Ben. He'll still hold the ball. He'll still play streetball style. It's his game. It's the way he rolls. IMO, Ben doesn't become more of a weapon with a first round OL than a second or maybe third rounder.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    I don't think it matters for Ben. He'll still hold the ball. He'll still play streetball style. It's his game. It's the way he rolls. IMO, Ben doesn't become more of a weapon with a first round OL than a second or maybe third rounder.
    Yeah, but with a good offensive line, he'd have 3-4 seconds before he had to start scrambling around and playing streetball (as opposed to now, when he often has less than a second before there is someone in his face and he has to try to escape the pocket). With a crappy line, Ben must manufacture enough time for his receivers to get open. With a good line, they could give him some time initially, and then he could still scramble after that as well for even more time...imagine what Wallace and Brown could do with that much time to get open.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Yeah, but with a good offensive line, he'd have 3-4 seconds before he had to start scrambling around and playing streetball (as opposed to now, when he often has less than a second before there is someone in his face and he has to try to escape the pocket). With a crappy line, Ben must manufacture enough time for his receivers to get open. With a good line, they could give him some time initially, and then he could still scramble after that as well for even more time...imagine what Wallace and Brown could do with that much time to get open.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. Totally true which is why OL has to be the priority early and often.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think that is a good draft overall. Martin's stock is plummeting, and he could be there at 24. I'm not sure he can be a LT in year one, but he could develop in time. In the least he'd be a good RT with some time in an NFL weight room. Osemele is a bit of a project and doesn't always play hard, but he is very strong and has nice athleticism for a G. Chapman is a decent value in the third and should be recovered fully from his ACL by the playoff push. I don't get the fascination with Audie Cole that some have. I've never seen him play very impressively. He doesn't change direction all that well and he is a little tall and gangly for an ILB. I think Sylvestor (who is also gangly) is a better, much more athletic ILB candidate. But, I've been wrong many times before. Streeter in the fifth would be a good project player. He has starter athleticism and size. If he can learn to catch more naturally and run good routes, he could be a great pick. Cody Johnson could make this team as a FB/short yardage runner. Good job!
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You hit the nail on the head Ruthless. An improved line could make people fear our play action again as well as giving our talented group of wideouts more time to get open. Could you imagine what opposing safeties would be thinking with Wallace going deep, Miller running the seam and Brown running a crossing pattern with Ben getting just one more second of protection. Who do they cover? We have amazing offensive weapons on this team but we don't have the big uglies to allow them to be used consistently. The only way we get to be elite on offense is to improve our line ... period.

Then we won't have to count on LeBeau's 4th quarter defense as much.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    I think that is a good draft overall. Martin's stock is plummeting, and he could be there at 24. I'm not sure he can be a LT in year one, but he could develop in time. In the least he'd be a good RT with some time in an NFL weight room. Osemele is a bit of a project and doesn't always play hard, but he is very strong and has nice athleticism for a G. Chapman is a decent value in the third and should be recovered fully from his ACL by the playoff push. I don't get the fascination with Audie Cole that some have. I've never seen him play very impressively. He doesn't change direction all that well and he is a little tall and gangly for an ILB. I think Sylvestor (who is also gangly) is a better, much more athletic ILB candidate. But, I've been wrong many times before. Streeter in the fifth would be a good project player. He has starter athleticism and size. If he can learn to catch more naturally and run good routes, he could be a great pick. Cody Johnson could make this team as a FB/short yardage runner. Good job!
    I saw Cole play a couple of games this seasons. He always seemed to be around the football and I really didn't see a lack of mobility but I'm not an expert.

Descriptions of Osemele just sound an awful lot like those of Kemo years ago.

I like Streeter as a project.

If you draft Martin, you are going to have to be "all in" with him playing OT because I don't think he can play OG. That means you have to commit to moving Colon to OG this year if you want him on the field. Not sure he would be the right pick. Massie in Round 2 seems to be a guy who could play OG for a year or two and then kick out to OT.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    which WVU players would you consider drafting this year?
    Najee Goode ILB would be a 4th or 5th round pick. Julian Miller DE would be a good pick up with one of our extra 7th rounders. If we are looking for another CB Keith Tandy was the best cover corner on the team last year and will lay the wood as well. I would say Bruce Irvin has great talent but you have to consider his latest arrest for attacking a sign in Jimmy Johns. All I can say about that is maybe the sign looked like a QB?
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene [URL="http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=497400#post497400"][/URL]
    Dude! Epic Mock Draft! That is BEAST!
    I couldn't have said it better myself!!!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

One of the few mocks I have liked.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene View Post
    I couldn't have said it better myself!!!
    Uh oh...our 40 days and 40 nights of MJG-free existence is over...that was an EPIC lenten sacrifice that was BEAST!

Welcome back, brother...
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.