Thread: Bengals cheerleader accused of having sex with student

Legend

User Info Menu

Bengals cheerleader accused of having sex with student

Bengals cheerleader accused of having sex with student
    Charges include first-degree sexual abuse and unlawful use of electronic devices
    [url]http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/46907159/ns/today-today_news/#.T3k2rNkQqSo[/url]
    120330-sarah-jones-12p.grid-5x2.jpg
    A Cincinnati Ben-Gals cheerleader has been indicted, accused of having sex with a student while she was a teacher.

Read the original report at WLWT.com

Attorney Charles Lester Jr. confirmed that Sarah Jones was indicted on charges of first-degree sexual abuse and unlawful use of electronic devices for illegal activities.

Jones resigned from her teaching job at Dixie Heights High School in November, citing personal reasons, shortly after the allegations came to light. She denied that anything happened.

Read the NBC Sports report on indicted cheerleader

"The student denies it. The parents of the student are upset that this has gone where it has gone. They don't have anything bad to say about Sarah. Sarah denies it," attorney Eric Deters said in December. "There's no victim. There's nobody saying 'Hey, this happened.'"

Deters is not currently Jones' attorney because he was suspended last month for ethics violations. He will take over the case when the suspension is lifted on April 24.

Commonwealth Attorney Rob Sanders will not be prosecuting the case because he had been sued by Deters, though the case was dismissed. A special prosecutor from Jefferson County will handle the case, Sanders said.

Lester also confirmed that Jones' mother, Cheryl Jones, was indicted on a charge of tampering with evidence.
    Advertise | AdChoices

Cheryl Jones is the principal at Twenhofel Middle School and was placed on paid administrative leave, according to Dixie Heights Superintendent Terri Cox-Cruey.

"She was at work when she learned what happened with the grand jury," Cox-Cruey said. "She will be on leave until we can monitor the situation and see what actions we need to take."

Cox-Cruey said she was surprised to hear about the indictments. She said she only learned of the allegations against Sarah Jones when police began investigating last November.

"The day the police openly investigated, that was the same day she submitted her resignation," Cox-Cruey said. "No parents or students ever approached me in all the years she worked for the district with any concern."

"It's just surprising, it's sad. That's all I can say right now," said Dixie Heights track coach Erin Leeper. "I just pray for the families and hope everything gets worked out the right way."

Melissa Boyers said she and her daughter, Mayrah, have known Cheryl Jones since Mayrah was a baby.

"I think she's great, and she's always nice to us and fair," said Twenhofel Middle School student Mayrah Boyers.

"I can't say she's guilty or not, but if it was my daughter and there was any kind of evidence out there, I'd try my best to get rid of it. I would," Melissa Boyers said.

Both women turned themselves in to authorities Thursday. Sarah Jones was given $50,000 bond, while Cheryl Jones was given $30,000 bond. They are scheduled to be arraigned Monday morning.

Lester said both women will plead not guilty.

"Sarah has maintained her innocence. The indictment of her mother is completely baseless. Cheryl Jones did not tamper with evidence," Lester said in a news release.

Sarah Jones won a libel suit against a website over articles it published in 2010, but that case is still pending an appeal.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Why would any one kiss their career goodbye for just a few moments of fun? Craziness.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Okay, so let me get this straight...the Bengals not only employ more criminals than any other NFL team combined (or so it seems), but they also employ a(n) (alleged) pedophile cheerleader, and that (alleged) pedophile cheerleader has a mother who got indicted for tampering with evidence as well as a lawyer who was suspended last month for ethics violations (but will be right back on this case when that suspension is lifted) and who is also in the process of suing the Commonwealth Attorney as well. Lovely place they have down there in Cincinnati, eh?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

It sounds as if this Cheerleader scores more than the Bengals do

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.