Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's play "Who would you pick..."

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd go for the higher ranked of Still and Worthy, assuming that a trade back was not possible. I'd also consider Gilmore.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd go with Worthy or even the RB out of Va Tech if we don't sign another RB before the draft.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Starter

User Info Menu

There is no way the draft will go like that, so it is irrelevant. Jenkins will go to Cincy. He's too perfect for that bunch of criminals. Hightower WILL be at 24, And maybe even Glenn, but unlikely. I still say we trade down if Konz is there. Both Baltimore and Green Bay will want him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Chadman's choice would be Devon Still- he's a beast. After that, Adams, Worthy or Kendall wright.

Chadman believes the Steelers would go Adams, Worthy, Still in this situation, however.

Honestly- would be happy with either of the players Chadman has mentioned- all good players.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would go with Worthy for the simple facts that i am a Spartan and the timing for a dominant NT is here. 3-4...4-3... meh...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Chadman's choice would be Devon Still- he's a beast. After that, Adams, Worthy or Kendall wright.

Chadman believes the Steelers would go Adams, Worthy, Still in this situation, however.

Honestly- would be happy with either of the players Chadman has mentioned- all good players.
    Even as a huge Penn State fan and alumnus I would have real concerns about Still. He had one great season but also had lots of injuries. He also doesn't fix our greatest need...improve the OL! Keep our eye on the #1 priority...IMPROVE THE OL!!!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Personally, I think that there is a very good possibility that either Glenn or DeCastro will be there...

While an OG being selected in the teens has happened in past drafts, it is certainly not a common thing...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Personally, I think that there is a very good possibility that either Glenn or DeCastro will be there...

While an OG being selected in the teens has happened in past drafts, it is certainly not a common thing...
    That would be nice but I think we would have to trade up to the #20 range to get one of them. IMO Glenn will go a little early because of the "possibility" he can play OT and DeCastro because he is #1 at his position. There just seems to be a trend over the past few years that teams are willing to use mid Round 1 picks on interior linemen which was rarely done in the past.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Even as a huge Penn State fan and alumnus I would have real concerns about Still. He had one great season but also had lots of injuries. He also doesn't fix our greatest need...improve the OL! Keep our eye on the #1 priority...IMPROVE THE OL!!!!!
    You don't think a 2nd or 3rd round player could fix the OL? It has to be a 1st round player?

If the better value is in other positions, why reach?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Rookie

User Info Menu

Is it really a trend? Let's see...I'm honestly not sure...

Interior linemen drafted in round 1 over the last 10 years:

2011 - Mike Pouncey #15; Danny Watkins #23
    2010 - Mike Iupati #17; Maurkice Pouncey #18
    2009 - Alex Mack #21; Eric Wood #28
    2008 - None
    2007 - Ben Grubbs #29
    2006 - Davin Joseph #23; Nick Mangold #29
    2005 - Logan Mankins #32
    2004 - None
    2003 - Jeff Faine #21
    2002 - Kendall Simmons #30