Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Let's play "Who would you pick..."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    wow.

DL must have really peed in your cheerios.
    Sure. Let's just go with the default response...I just hate LeBeau.

Our defense has no faults or room for improvement. Why would anyone want a defensive line that makes splash plays by sacking the QB or getting into the opponents backfield to make plays. It is so much better to see them wrestle with the OL along the LOS.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Why would anyone want a defensive line that makes splash plays by sacking the QB or getting into the opponents backfield to make plays. It is so much better to see them wrestle with the OL along the LOS.
    If this style results in a top-5 scoring D year after year, I'll take it!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    No one that plays on our DL will ever be "dominant" because the system that leBeau employs won't allow them to do the things they could do. They are forced to play a restrained, disciplined role in the defense that does not allow them to go after QBs or make plays in the backfield. As long as we utilize the 3-4 there won't be a dominant defensive lineman on the team no matter what the talent level.
    I know this is your new mantra this year, that the DL just occupies blockers, but the reality is that this is a reflection, at least in part, of talent. Ziggy Hood rushes the passer in the nickel/dime, and I'm sure the Steelers would love to see him with more push/disrpution. At some point, it's an issue of talent. KVO pushed the pocket and caused disruption. Aaron Smith, in his prime, was dominant, as was Hampton.

In the 3-4, you want a player who is so disruptive that he cannot be controlled without a double team. Keisel is athletic and disruptive in his own way, but he isn't an Aaron Smith in his prime.