Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dennis Dixon to Visit Broncos

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    You're OSU bias is laughable Slap
    I'll see that OSU bias and raise you your rabid anti-Hines Ward bias...

Because I honestly laugh...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    The same can be said for Tebow.
    Indubitably...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I'll see that OSU bias and raise you your rabid anti-Hines Ward bias
    I call out Hines for the hypocrite he is.

Btw, real nice of him to "thank" Tommy Maddox and Kordell at his PC but not once mentioned Roethlisberger.

It's OK, when Ben wins his next ring it then prove with Hines, as it did with Cowher, that they needed Ben more than he needed them.

Ward's a moron. Hopefully he won't have to resort to selling drugs to make ends meet now that his NFL paydays are over.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

why do the steelers always go for the black backup qbs ? i'm not trying to start a race war here but, it's just something i noticed. Do they figure that if your going to pick between a white or black inaccurate thrower you, might as well take the one that can scramble ?

Legend

User Info Menu

I call out Hines for the hypocrite he is.

Btw, real nice of him to "thank" Tommy Maddox and Kordell at his PC but not once mentioned Roethlisberger.

It's OK, when Ben wins his next ring it then prove with Hines, as it did with Cowher, that they needed Ben more than he needed them.

Ward's a moron. Hopefully he won't have to resort to selling drugs to make ends meet now that his NFL paydays are over.
    Obsession is a hell of a drug.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like Hines and have tons of respect for him. I agree that everyone should be thankful for Ben being on the team and helping them win two Super Bowls. It has been proven to me that we lacked the right caliber Qb to get us a Super Bowl win until Ben. All the great teams under Cowher didn't get us a ring until Ben arrived. Hines should have included him or was it that, Hines was trying to thank the guys that he has had in his memories ?
    As much as I like Hines and believe he is a cut above I still think there is a little jealosuy towards Ben. Hines likes being the face of the Steelers or being that black & gold guy that everyone connects with but with Ben, Hines needs to share the spotlight.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    why do the steelers always go for the black backup qbs ? i'm not trying to start a race war here but, it's just something i noticed. Do they figure that if your going to pick between a white or black inaccurate thrower you, might as well take the one that can scramble ?
    I'll go one further. Look at the number of black QBs in the NFL, there are plenty, starters and backups over the years.

Now, how many of them have played for the small amount of black NFL head coaches who have been hired?

It is my belief, that there is an unspoken "code" in the black head coaching fraternity in the NFL that states that whenever possible, a black head coach will aid the career of a black quarterback by keeping them employed.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Obsession is a hell of a drug.
    I thought it was a perfume ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'll go one further. Look at the number of black QBs in the NFL, there are plenty, starters and backups over the years.

Now, how many of them have played for the small amount of black NFL head coaches who have been hired?

It is my belief, that there is an unspoken "code" in the black head coaching fraternity in the NFL that states that whenever possible, a black head coach will aid the career of a black quarterback by keeping them employed.
    I've never noticed that or looked into it actually. Off the top of my head I think it's actually the opposite for starting black QB's.
    McNabb/White coach Vic the dog killer/White coach Tampa QB that escapes my memory/Ex-black coach .

If I was an NFL head coach my 2nd string QB would have to be a qb that was a starter for another NFL team rather than just having a proffesional backup that never had the battle ready experience on their resume.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pretty sure Ward thanked "all his team mates" without naming them individually, then thanked individual players that are no longer Steelers.

Could be wrong, but did he name any 1 specific current player? Don't think he did.

As for Dixon- well, his impact has been minimal, so losing him is no big deal, really.

Chadman's random thought on the back-up QB position- if the Steelers don't re-sign Batch or Leftwich, who will? If the answer is 'Nobody', then use Troy Smith as the back-up QB, slot either a rookie or Jerrod Johnson in as the #3 & if Ben goes down for any significant length of time- get on the phone to either Lefty or Batch & bring them in.

Chadman's theory- if Ben goes down, the team is screwed anyway. May as well go with the cheap back-up.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Nate Wiggins CB
    2. Ricky Pearsall WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR