Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Madden: Wallace wants to be a star, not a Steeler

Legend

User Info Menu

As with most situations, we can discuss all we want, but the truth will lie in the actions. Wallace can talk about wanting to remain a Steeler, he can talk about wanting $50M a year, he can talk about being nice to puppies - and we will all type ad nauseum about every word, and every writer will break it down into hidden meanings, and one person will tell you that he is willing to play for the Steelers for free and someone else will submit it as proof that he worships the devil. But in the end we will see what he ends up doing and then we will know where the truth is.

In keeping with the theme of the thread am I now supposed to insult someone?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ruthless, I'm all for public humiliation. Make it public! the masses want Justice!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    As with most situations, we can discuss all we want, but the truth will lie in the actions. Wallace can talk about wanting to remain a Steeler, he can talk about wanting $50M a year, he can talk about being nice to puppies - and we will all type ad nauseum about every word, and every writer will break it down into hidden meanings, and one person will tell you that he is willing to play for the Steelers for free and someone else will submit it as proof that he worships the devil. But in the end we will see what he ends up doing and then we will know where the truth is.

In keeping with the theme of the thread am I now supposed to insult someone?
    I fart in your general direction

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'm not sure why Hines needs to be "MVP, good guy Hines" all the time. Why do fans or critics need their players to be genuine 24/7/365?
    When he publicly slams teammates for their behavior and proclaims he doesn't put himself in risky situations off the field? He better practice what he preaches or he should just sit there and STFU, that's why.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    When he publicly slams teammates for their behavior and proclaims he doesn't put himself in risky situations off the field? He better practice what he preaches or he should just sit there and STFU, that's why.
    ...and he did retire a season after publicly humiliating himself. The camera in the cop car also recorded him talking about how bad his "situation" could become.

Legend

User Info Menu

He retired (for now) because (for now) no one wants him.

During the year if a contender has WR injuries and they call him offering him a job? I expect him to take it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You would be stupid if you didn't.
    [URL=http://s227.photobucket.com/user/AAFiorini/media/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg.html]<a href=http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/AAFiorini/jigsignewplate_zpsgmcgfc1q.jpg target=_blank>http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...psgmcgfc1q.jpg</a>[/URL]