Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Madden: Wallace wants to be a star, not a Steeler

Legend

User Info Menu

Madden Blows(pun intended)... but he is spot on. Also agree with the Pouncey tweet dig.

I don't worship at the altar of Hines Ward. I think he's a self-serving phony. One person when the microphone is on, another when it's off.

I'm not sure why Hines needs to be "MVP, good guy Hines" all the time. Why do fans or critics need their players to be genuine 24/7/365?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Chadman is correct. Somewhere in between. He clearly wants more money from the Steelers. Who wouldn't. No player gives money away. He made the big demand looking for a big free agency offer...because that's the only way he leaves. He knows Steelers will make a good offer in a few months. And he'll take it. But he would switch teams for a huge offer...who wouldn't.

Madden is and always has been a HUGE boob and inflated windbag. We'd all prefer to hang out with Ward than Madden, trust me.
    But Ward is a rich athlete. He likely would rub people the wrong way in public when he's drinking and they are pestering him. He parties. And so would I with his life.
    But he was a good locker room guy despite what some say. He talked a loud game in the locker room and TOOK a leadership role. And was likely cocky. This made him a great Steeler.

Wallace is not a bad dude, but likely will be cocky and want paid. Big surprise. Big he's not a prima donna...yet.

He will sign an extension cause he won't play as RFA. And it will likely be somewat of a deal.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I like the way Wallace has handled himself as a Steeler. I don't think there's anything I could complain about in that area. The only complaint i have is technique and will. I just don't see him fighting for the ball like Antonio, let alone Fitz.

Legend

User Info Menu

Madden's arrogance was not so thick this time that he didn't have some worth while thouhts in this article. He just took it too the extreme. Can't stand the guy, but he did have some insight, particularly about Twitter.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by insanesteelersfan View Post
    And you are as Big of an Idiot as he is. I guess you think Wallace shoud take way way less, and be a good little Slave don't you.
    This is the second time that I have had to warn you about the Code of Conduct since you snuck back on the site when we migrated to an upgraded message board. You cannot circumvent the filter by typing out swear words with spaces between the letters. You simply cannot refer to someone as a "good little Slave" on this board. For the record, I agree with your sentiments regarding Madden, but I cannot stand for the juvenile way that you present your argument. You have been banned from this board before, and if you continue this (even one more time now), then you will find yourself banned once again. Thin ice, my friend, thin ice.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    let me guess, you jackoff to a poster of wallace every night
    And this is your first warning (and as you can probably tell with my previous post to insanesteelerfan, 3rd strike = You're out). Whether or not the response was provoked, this type of vulgarity will not be tolerated on a family-friendly forum. There are other Steeler sites that allow you describe sexual acts freely, but this site is not one of them.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

You could be much more ruthless than that.....
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks Ruth. It was in large part the actions like the ones you called out above that lead me to leave for an extended time. I just can't stand that nonsense.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Thanks Ruth. It was in large part the actions like the ones you called out above that lead me to leave for an extended time. I just can't stand that nonsense.
    No problem, man...I typically PM warnings to individuals, but when things start to get out of hand like they started to in this thread, I felt the need to make it more public so that everyone realizes what will not be tolerated.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I like the way Wallace has handled himself as a Steeler. I don't think there's anything I could complain about in that area. The only complaint i have is technique and will. I just don't see him fighting for the ball like Antonio, let alone Fitz.
    Exactly! Wallace gives little effort when the ball isnt spot on and he's covered. If he gave Brown's effort he'd be almost like Fitz.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S