Thread: Who In This Years Draft Is Better Then Mike Wallace!?

Backup

User Info Menu

Who In This Years Draft Is Better Then Mike Wallace!?

I dont follow College Football so I dont know anything more then what the experts say. Is Justin Blackmon or Michael Floyd better then Wallace? The draft experts have these guys going at 5, 6, or 7 to either Browns, Jaguars or Rams who need help at wr. Is it out of line to think that Wallace is worth that low of a pick? Your thoughts.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TD386Steel View Post
    I dont follow College Football so I dont know anything more then what the experts say. Is Justin Blackmon or Michael Floyd better then Wallace? The draft experts have these guys going at 5, 6, or 7 to either Browns, Jaguars or Rams who need help at wr. Is it out of line to think that Wallace is worth that low of a pick? Your thoughts.
    I dont think there is anyone in this draft that has Wallace's unique skill (speed) but i do think there are guys in the draft that are much better all around WR in this draft.
    Last edited by focosteeler; 03-25-2012 at 03:26 PM.
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Legend

User Info Menu

with a rookie cap in place now, i dont see why a team would go and do that. they'll pay a fraction of the price on those rookie deals compared to the contract wallace will get. and they have a much higher pedigree coming out of school

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    I dont think there is anyone in this draft that has Wallace's unique skill
    Of course, a few years ago, we probably wouldn't have guessed that Wallace would turn out to be as good as he has...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Of course, a few years ago, we probably wouldn't have guessed that Wallace would turn out to be as good as he has...
    I would agree, we all knew he was going to be fast (that was really the only outstanding thing when he was drafted). I dont think there is someone in this years draft class that has mike wallace speed. Before the draft people were predicting him to break 4.25 in the 40. There is no one in this years draft with that kind of speed
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Perhaps none of them. But, I think Justin Blackmon is pretty special. He could be the next Andre Johnson. He doesn't have great long speed, but he has everything else. He can fake people out in open field and run over them. He will move the chains and score touchdowns. And, even with his average pro speed, he'll be a downfield threat because of his strength, athleticism, and unreal hand-eye coordination.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by focosteeler View Post
    I dont think there is anyone in this draft that has Wallace's unique skill (speed) but i do think there are guys in the draft that are much better all around WR in this draft.
    Absolutley, there are guys coming out as rookies who, other than speed, are much better at other WR skills than Wallace. Heck Brown and Sanders are better in a number of areas than Wallace.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Wallace only has speed...After watching him this past season I'm not a believer in him..

You have to bring more than speed to the table.. Wallace struggled to get open, run routes, and play defense when the ball was going to be intercepted...

Legend

User Info Menu

If you are looking to replace what Mike Wallace does on our team the answer is no. I don't think there are any better WR's in the draft.

If you are looking at other teams drafting a WR vs making a move at Wallace then yeah... there are a few WR's who probably bring more to the table then just speed. If I'm a GM I wouldn't go after Wallace unless my OC is Bruce Arians.... and yes, I'm serious.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    If you are looking to replace what Mike Wallace does on our team the answer is no. I don't think there are any better WR's in the draft.

If you are looking at other teams drafting a WR vs making a move at Wallace then yeah... there are a few WR's who probably bring more to the table then just speed. If I'm a GM I wouldn't go after Wallace unless my OC is Bruce Arians.... and yes, I'm serious.
    However, I think we can safely assume that the Colts are not going to give us their #1 pick to sign Wallace.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"