Thread: Great bars to visit for a first time visit to Pittsburgh?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Great bars to visit for a first time visit to Pittsburgh?

Planning on visiting Pittsburgh for the first time next season. Any bars/areas to recommend.

Legend

User Info Menu

Welcome to the board!

I don't drink, so I don't know anything about specific bars, but Station Square seems to be a popular destination for nightlife in Pittsburgh (my wife likes some of the restaurants and shopping down there when we visit the city, and there appears to be a decent number of bars and clubs down there too). You can take one of the Gateway Clipper boats from Heinz Field to Station Square after a Steeler game. There are some nice restaurants up on Mt. Washington (take the Duquesne Incline from Station Square...awesome views overlooking the city), and I would assume that there would be some nice bars up there as well.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bettis Grill 36: http://jeromebettisgrille36.g3restaurants.com/

"Voted Pgh's best sports restaurant every year since it opened ..."

Kid friendly when I was there two years ago.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelersflow View Post
    Any ... areas to recommend.

Any area inside Heinz Field is highly recommended!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

When I brought my daughter there last summer, our server brought us back to see Jerome's private room (unfortunately, Jerome wasn't there that day, but just seeing the private room itself was cool). Comfy leather couches, multiple flat screen TV's, a bunch of his old memorabilia (his cleats, a bowling pin from when he bowled his 300 game, etc.), autographed jerseys and pictures from his friends in the sports world, a bunch of Steeler books (the ones written by Dan Rooney, Myron Cope, Andy Russell, etc.)...very cool.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post

Took my niece there on a game day this past year and it was crowded beyond belief. Good food and great waiter--who got us our seat BTW. Have to go early.

According to my nieces, the bars are on the Southside but I do not know any specifics.

Of course, there is Hard Rock at Station Square as well.

GO STEELERS!
    Kindle

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Station square is nice, but I like the Bettis Grille, it has that Steeler football feel and its a nice place to visit. If you can handle it they have a 36 oz. steak, and the Mens Room is unique.
    When you use the latrine, facing the outside you can see eveything happening while your relieving yourself, but the patrons can't see in...cool.
    There'a a park near by and its a place the whole family can enjoy.
    If your not into steak, they serve some great hamburgers and a variety of good stuff.
    If your a visitor for the first time or if you never been to Jerome's you won't be disappointed its a great grille and bar.

There are tons of bars in the Burgh, South Side has plenty of them but its more for the younger crowd and they can get out of control at times, I would recommend Station square and the Bettis grill when you visit.

This is a great City and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else, but if I had to make a second choice, get ready Cal people, it would be San Diego if I could afford the housing down there.

" Yins out to visit here sometime, go Dahn Tahn" N'at!
    Last edited by supersteeler; 01-05-2013 at 10:22 AM.

orlan1977
    Station square in sonic unleashed. Not sure if there is one. At lease on the wii version there isn't. If your talking about sonic adventure 1/ sonic adventure directors cut you start off in station square when you play sonic.

If you are in the forested area however you just go up the stairs and go inside the train and you end up in station square.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Bettis Grill 36, awesome!
    [url=http://www.lovevintageadidas.com] vintage adidas trainers[/url]

Rookie

User Info Menu

You can take one of the Gateway Clipper boats from Heinz Field to Station Square after a Steeler game. There are some nice restaurants up on Mt. Washington (take the Duquesne Incline from Station Square...awesome views overlooking the city), and I would assume that there would be some nice bars up there as well.