Thread: Wide Receivers Stephen Hill & Brian Quick

Backup

User Info Menu

Wide Receivers Stephen Hill & Brian Quick

Would anyone consider taking either one if avaliable in the 2nd round?. This is assuming Mike Wallace is taken from us and we receive an extra first round pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hill had a great combine. He could go early in the 2nd round.. Heck, I even heard someone saying he could go right at the end of the 1st even...
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, Hill should probably go in the late first (early second at the latest) at this point. If you lose Wallace and pick up an extra late first round pick, then you would likely have to use that late first round pick on Hill if you wanted him, since I don't see anyway he falls into the late second round after his beastly combine (plus the recent success of other big Ga Tech WR's like Calvin Johnson and Demaryius Thomas). Quick, on the other hand, is still expected to go in the late second/early third area. I still like Alshon Jeffrey as a possibility too (should he drop to us in the second...I don't see it happening, but if it somehow does...I'd take him even if we didn't lose Wallace, because he would bring something that none of our other smallish WR's offer).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.