Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2012 Visit Thread

Legend

User Info Menu

Interesting...earlier this week, before the news of the Massie and Pead visits came to light, I listed those two guys as our 2nd and 3rd round picks (plus Derek Wolfe in round 4 who was announced earlier) in the "what I think the Steelers might do" portion of this thread:

[URL]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/37129-What-do-you-want-to-do-vs-what-you-think-the-Steelers-will-do[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    That's okay...we get big production from a guy who went to his college (our best draft pick in years)...I'm sure Brooks would be happy to protect Redhawks legend Ben Roethlisberger. Anyway, I think the "big college, big production" concept typically holds water for the first round (Ben's an obvious exception that proves the rule), but we're not afraid to take a shot at prospects from less prestigous conferences in later rounds...Cortez Allen is from the Citadel, Emmanuel Sanders is from Southern Methodist, Antonio Brown is from Central Michigan, David Johnson is from Arkansas State, Willie Colon is from Hofstra, Ike Taylor is from Louisiana-LaFayette, etc.
    Did you REALLY mention David Johnson among that list of REAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS???????? Shame on you for insulting Allen, Sanders, Brown, Colon and Taylor.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Did you REALLY mention David Johnson among that list of REAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS???????? Shame on you for insulting Allen, Sanders, Brown, Colon and Taylor.
    He made the roster out of Arkansas State, and has received a significant amount of playing time (whether you or I like it or not)...therefore, he's an example of an instance where "big college, big production" does not apply.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

He made the roster out of Arkansas State, and has received a significant amount of playing time (whether you or I like it or not)...therefore, he's an example of an instance where "big college, big production" does not apply.
    Ruthless- Big Production, Big College applies to the top 2 rounds mostly. From that point on they have drafted smaller school projects.

But those first 2 Rounds- under Tomlin & Colbert- have only had players selected from 4 Conferences- ACC, SEC, Big 10 & Big 12.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Interesting...earlier this week, before the news of the Massie and Pead visits came to light, I listed those two guys as our 2nd and 3rd round picks (plus Derek Wolfe in round 4 who was announced earlier) in the "what I think the Steelers might do" portion of this thread:

[URL]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/37129-What-do-you-want-to-do-vs-what-you-think-the-Steelers-will-do[/URL]

The complete lack of guard or interior line help in that mock has me concerned.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

I have seen reports that Mychal Kendricks, a LB from Cal, is scheduled to visit.

Legend

User Info Menu

MONDAY, APRIL 09, 2012

posted by Dale Lolley

Steelers visits thus far

Here's a list of players who have visited the Steelers thus far. Obviously, the team has 30 total players it can bring in, so this list is incomplete at this point. But there are still more than two weeks remaining before the draft.

Some of the visits will be to check on medical status, such as receiver T.Y. Hilton. Some will be smokescreens - in my opinion Mike Adams falls into this category. Others still will be players in which the Steelers have actual interest, such as Isaiah Pead.

Ohio State offensive tackle Mike Adams
    Ole Miss offensive tackle Bobby Massie
    Miami (Ohio) guard Brandon Brooks
    Colorado receiver Toney Clemons
    Alabama linebacker Jerrell Harris
    Regina defensive tackle Akiem Hicks
    Cincinnati defensive end Derek Wolfe
    Virginia defensive end Cam Johnson
    West Virginia cornerback Keith Tandy
    Florida International receiver T.Y. Hilton
    Cincinnati running back Isaiah Pead
    Stanford long snapper Zach Nolan

[URL]http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2012/04/steelers-visits-thus-far.html[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Update with rumored visit of Cal LB. Also I am seeing conflicting reports on the LS from Stanford on his status as counting toward the 30. Is this is first year out or second year? If it is his second year out then he would be a FA and not a draftee.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A few more visitors today it seems.

Today is tight end day at the Steelers. They have their second UFA visit of the year, 6-foot-8 Leonard Pope, a tight end drafted in the third round by Arizona and most recently played in Kansas City. There’s Ben Roethlisberger’s tall receiver.
    Also spending time in their offices on the South Side today are three college prospects, including Missouri tight ende Michael Egnew. Akiem Hicks, who played collegiately at Regina in Canada, is the rare college prospect from our northern neighbors. I wrote from the NFL meetings that they played to have him in and he’s here today.
    Also on hand is linebacker Nick Perry of Southern Cal.
    Egnew is probably among the top five tight end prospects. Hicks has been all over the map. Perry is ranked by some among the top 3 or 4 outside linebacking prospects.
    Last edited by calmkiller; 04-10-2012 at 12:42 PM.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    Today is tight end day at the Steelers. They have their second UFA visit of the year, 6-foot-8 Leonard Pope, a tight end drafted in the third round by Arizona and most recently played in Kansas City. There’s Ben Roethlisberger’s tall receiver.
    I wouldn't exactly call Pope "Ben's tall receiver." Dude has averaged 17 catches for 162 yards per year in his 6 NFL seasons. His production in the passing game makes Heath Miller's 7-year averages of 48 catches for 552 yards per season look like Antonio Gates by comparison. Pope is a blocking tight end.