Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61

Thread: Official 2012 Visit Thread

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,394
    [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/ScottBrown_Trib"] Scott Brown ‏ @ScottBrown_Trib [/URL] Steelers also hosting Miami (Ohio) guard Brandon Brooks and former Stanford long snapper Zach Nolan.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    1. Andrew Billings NT Baylor
    2. Karl Joseph SS WVU
    3. Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma
    4. Jonathan Jones CB Auburn
    6. Nick Kwiatkoski ILB WVU
    7. Dean Lowry DE Northwestern
    7. Deon Bush S Miami

  2. #12
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    26,239
    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    Steelers also hosting Miami (Ohio) guard Brandon Brooks.
    Niiice...can you believe that this guy is just a hair under 350 lbs (6'5", 346 lbs.)??? It doesn't look like there is an ounce of fat on him! I still can't believe he didn't get a combine invite...





    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 03-30-2012 at 04:09 PM.


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  3. #13
    Administrator steelz09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    3,676
    Nice call ruthless... I've never watched him play but he looks like a beast. yeah yeah, not a great analysis from me

    He's not the Steelers norm at o-line which typically includes 2 words: fat & soft.

  4. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,908
    He also doesn't fit "big college, big production", but not against the idea at all.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 10
    Wins- 2
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $60,050.00


  5. #15
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    26,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    He also doesn't fit "big college, big production", but not against the idea at all.
    That's okay...we get big production from a guy who went to his college (our best draft pick in years)...I'm sure Brooks would be happy to protect Redhawks legend Ben Roethlisberger. Anyway, I think the "big college, big production" concept typically holds water for the first round (Ben's an obvious exception that proves the rule), but we're not afraid to take a shot at prospects from less prestigous conferences in later rounds...Cortez Allen is from the Citadel, Emmanuel Sanders is from Southern Methodist, Antonio Brown is from Central Michigan, David Johnson is from Arkansas State, Willie Colon is from Hofstra, Ike Taylor is from Louisiana-LaFayette, etc.


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  6. #16
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,908
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    That's okay...we get big production from a guy who went to his college (our best draft pick in years)...I'm sure Brooks would be happy to protect Redhawks legend Ben Roethlisberger. Anyway, I think the "big college, big production" concept typically holds water for the first round (Ben's an obvious exception that proves the rule), but we're not afraid to take a shot at prospects from less prestigous conferences in later rounds...Cortez Allen is from the Citadel, Emmanuel Sanders is from Southern Methodist, Antonio Brown is from Central Michigan, David Johnson is from Arkansas State, Willie Colon is from Hofstra, Ike Taylor is from Louisiana-LaFayette, etc.
    Completely agree Ruthless- but for the record, every pick in the top 2 rounds under the Tomlin/Colbert regime has com from either the Big 10, Big 12, SEC or ACC. What round do we think Brooks will fall into? Chances are, if they want him, Round 2 is the place to get him guarenteed. It's entirely possible we convince ourselves Brooks is the guy and then the Steelers draft Omesele instead...
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 10
    Wins- 2
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $60,050.00


  7. #17
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    26,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Completely agree Ruthless- but for the record, every pick in the top 2 rounds under the Tomlin/Colbert regime has com from either the Big 10, Big 12, SEC or ACC. What round do we think Brooks will fall into? Chances are, if they want him, Round 2 is the place to get him guarenteed. It's entirely possible we convince ourselves Brooks is the guy and then the Steelers draft Omesele instead...
    I just found recently that Walterfootball offers consensus rankings that combine the rankings of several top sites (better than just relying on one person's opinion, I suppose).

    [URL]http://walterfootball.com/draft2012consensus.php[/URL]

    On this site, Brooks' average ranking is 112, which would put him in the mid-4th. However, he does seem to be one of the "risers" of the draft, which is why I mocked him to us earlier than that, using our 3rd round pick (#86) in my current sig mock.


    The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

    The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

    This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

    2015 MNF Executive Champion!

  8. #18
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,394
    [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/EdBouchette"]Ed Bouchette ‏ @EdBouchette [/URL] 2 non-combine prospects at [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23steelers"]#steelers[/URL] today: CB Keith Tandy, WVU; LB Jerrell Harris, Alabama
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    1. Andrew Billings NT Baylor
    2. Karl Joseph SS WVU
    3. Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma
    4. Jonathan Jones CB Auburn
    6. Nick Kwiatkoski ILB WVU
    7. Dean Lowry DE Northwestern
    7. Deon Bush S Miami

  9. #19
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,394
    [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/EdBouchette"] Ed Bouchette ‏ @EdBouchette [/URL] Cincinnati RB Isaiah Pead visiting Steelers today.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    1. Andrew Billings NT Baylor
    2. Karl Joseph SS WVU
    3. Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma
    4. Jonathan Jones CB Auburn
    6. Nick Kwiatkoski ILB WVU
    7. Dean Lowry DE Northwestern
    7. Deon Bush S Miami

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler calmkiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    1,394
    [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/EdBouchette"]Ed Bouchette ‏ @EdBouchette [/URL] One prospect visiting Steelers today: Bobby Massie, OT, Mississippi.

    [URL="https://twitter.com/#"] [/URL]
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    1. Andrew Billings NT Baylor
    2. Karl Joseph SS WVU
    3. Sterling Shepard WR Oklahoma
    4. Jonathan Jones CB Auburn
    6. Nick Kwiatkoski ILB WVU
    7. Dean Lowry DE Northwestern
    7. Deon Bush S Miami

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •