Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOW! read this article on newly signed TE/FB Will Johnson...fantastic story

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

WOW! read this article on newly signed TE/FB Will Johnson...fantastic story

Wow, this was a really good read and makes me an immediate fan of the young dude. Check it out.

When I got done running my routes, I was over there talking to [Tomlin] and he wanted me to keep it a secret so the other teams didn't know," Johnson said as he traveled back to North Carolina from Pittsburgh. "They said they liked what I did, they liked how I look and they wanted to bring me up and sign me.
    [URL]http://www.wvillustrated.com/story/17194177/former-mountaineer-will-johnson-signs-with-pittsburgh-steelers[/URL]

What dedication. Makes me root for the guy from here on out. Here's to you Mr. Johnson (that's what she said).

Legend

User Info Menu

Very cool! Good find!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe he will be able to supplant the OTHER Johnson who plays FB/TE...

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Maybe he will be able to supplant the OTHER Johnson who plays FB/TE...
    I would hope so. based off of the youtube clips he looks like a very good athlete. I would like to see some better blocking, but he doesnt have to do very well for him to surpass the other Johnson. I hope he can make the roster, looks like a good mismatch guy

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

this kid looks real good. A heck of a lot better than David Johnson catching passes, and he has some experience blocking from multiple positions to build off of. I'm excited to see what he can do, especially if he looked this good before he really got into top physical shape.

Legend

User Info Menu

I liked the way he got the DE into the LBs to block the outside. He also was a good lead block on those runs. DJ likes to run through holes, but this guy likes to hit the first guy in the hole. BIG difference, IMO.

Cool song, too! "Revolution" by Kirk Franklin.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If this kid pans out and Saunders can come back from the 4 game sup the Offense should be getting better. Nice move.

Legend

User Info Menu

Johnson (not the sukky one on the team now) and Batch (not the old one on the team now) are the two players I'm most interested to see how they do in camp. IMO Batch had the team made last year until he got hurt. This new Johnson seems like a kid to pull for.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

From the article:

A player who filled multiple roles at WVU, Johnson believes his position coach will be Kirby Wilson, who is in charge of running backs. He has not been told specifically what his spot on the field will consist of, but he is preparing to play an H-back position where he can block for rushers, run the ball or run routes out of the backfield.
    I wonder how Kirby's rehab is going? Perhaps he will be ready to come back for this season after all.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Johnson (not the sukky one on the team now) and Batch (not the old one on the team now) are the two players I'm most interested to see how they do in camp. IMO Batch had the team made last year until he got hurt. This new Johnson seems like a kid to pull for.
    Derrick Williams and Troy Smith could be fun too.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.