Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Wants More than Fitz

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I don't want this to sound like "crazy talk" but for that kind of coin; I'd like a WR that actually goes up and fights for a ball and occassionally plays DB when it's not a well thrown pass. I don't want to be unreasonable though...
    Further, he could have drawn several interference penalties last season if he were more aggressive. A few times, he could have taken a direct path to the ball and drawn interference, but instead he attempted to run around the man (who had his back to the ball) or simply gave up when boxed out. Frankly, this is downfield receiver 101.

I love Mike. He is developing nicely. But, there is a ways to go before he can ask for Fitzgerald type money.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    I understand that he has something you can't teach in speed and with that he takes the top off the coverage and allows others to thrive. BUT I'm still pissed at him for the lack of heart he showed in the SB, many blame the Mendy fumble but I saw a complete lack of effort on his part in that game and on many of his catches last year. If he's not getting a bomb thrown his way he does a poor job or coming back to the ball as a rec should. The other thing that sort of irked me was he picked Keenan Lewis to be in the team MVP...hello??? I just don't think he's all there. He can play out this season and move on for all I care. At this point I need to feel better, the cure is more cowbell...actually Jerrico would be nice or another proven Vet.
    If it was just about speed Usain Bolt would be in the NFL. Take a look at those considered the greatest WR in NFL history. How many were "speed guys?" Jerry Rice was not the fastest. I think we could argue that the other aspects of being a receiver like hands, the ability to high point a ball, the ability to run precise routes, body control and the ability to out physical a defender are more important than speed. In those areas I just mentioned Wallace may be third best in our WR group.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1 View Post
    I understand that he has something you can't teach in speed and with that he takes the top off the coverage and allows others to thrive. BUT I'm still pissed at him for the lack of heart he showed in the SB, many blame the Mendy fumble but I saw a complete lack of effort on his part in that game and on many of his catches last year. If he's not getting a bomb thrown his way he does a poor job or coming back to the ball as a rec should. The other thing that sort of irked me was he picked Keenan Lewis to be in the team MVP...hello??? I just don't think he's all there. He can play out this season and move on for all I care. At this point I need to feel better, the cure is more cowbell...actually Jerrico would be nice or another proven Vet.

Wait... he picked Keenan Lewis for MVP? WTF? Yeah... I think the rumors of Antonio Brown's emerging hurting his confidence may be true. Vote Ben, Troy, etc... I don't care if Keenan Lewis is your best friend that vote is clueless if it's true.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Kennan Lewis - MVP?!?

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Wait... he picked Keenan Lewis for MVP? WTF? Yeah... I think the rumors of Antonio Brown's emerging hurting his confidence may be true. Vote Ben, Troy, etc... I don't care if Keenan Lewis is your best friend that vote is clueless if it's true.
    I didn't know this either....

Why would he do this? Best friends aside, this isn't pee wee football. Your going to vote a guy MVP of the team when he still hasn't solidified himself as a starting CB. He might be, and hopefully he will be our #2 this coming year... but MVP last year? That's kind of a slap in the face to his teamates that really deserved the vote.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Per Wallace twitter. Don't believe what you hear.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe that pointy-headed thing is more than just a haircut...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Yeah, maybe he wants Calvin Johnson type money instead

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers threw out ridiculous numbers to scare other teams off... but if he really voted for Keenan Lewis I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did ask for Larry Fitz type money.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Put me down as one who thinks Mike Wallace deserves top 5 WR dollars. I expect him to do what he has done his first 3 years in the league next season. Continue to improve. And if he does we are looking at career bests. 80-90 receptions? 1300-1500 yards? 12-15 TD's? That is sick production that deserves to be paid top dollar.

In Alcoholic Anonymous they say to think through the drink. Just a thought.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Wallace is a tremendous talent but he was not in the top 10 in: Yards, TD's, first downs, average, receptions or yards per game.