Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Wallace Wants More than Fitz

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Or, if they don't like it, they can tell fans to blow them...

I have no problem with it at all...

If the fan doesn't like it, they can just as easily choose not to read MW's tweets...
    I understand that but there is one thing I disagree with. The fans can be brutal (i admit) but they are still the customers just like in any other industry. In corprate terms, Mike Wallace is the employee, Tomlin the team lead, Colbert the maanger, and finally the Rooneys are the owners.... If I (as an employee) wrote a mass email, tweet, or wrote on my facebook wall and told my customers to blow me, what would happen in the corporate world? You would be fired that day.

In fact, it's a pretty big problem right now because you hear of teachers and employees in various sectors making comments on social media and then suffering the consequences.

Somehow, athletes think they're above this.... Mike Wallace & Santonio Holmes are no exceptions.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't think Mike Wallace needs to respond to every jerk on twitter....
    it's too easy to print what Mike Wallace says without putting it in context and it makes him look petty.

Professional athletes are supposed to be "professional"... everyone isn't a fan and IMO it's Mike's job to stay above the petty internet fights.

Once ESPN gets a hold of the the tweet/twit? whatever it won't matter what the other guy said. It never matters what the other guy says when it's a fight, feud, etc... anytime an athlete tells a fan to "blow me" or swings on a fan who called him a few names the athlete looks bad.

If Mike Wallace can't handle that some fans on his twitter feed don't like him he needs to delete them because once he says "blow me" and it gets re-tweeted over and over it doesn't matter who was in the wrong.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 03-23-2012 at 10:00 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    Man I HATE TWITTER. I am 34 so maybe it is sign of getting old.
    What happened to the good ol' days when you'd have to tell people to "blow me" or "kill urself" in person?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I understand that but there is one thing I disagree with. The fans can be brutal (i admit) but they are still the customers just like in any other industry. In corprate terms, Mike Wallace is the employee, Tomlin the team lead, Colbert the maanger, and finally the Rooneys are the owners.... If I (as an employee) wrote a mass email, tweet, or wrote on my facebook wall and told my customers to blow me, what would happen in the corporate world? You would be fired that day.

In fact, it's a pretty big problem right now because you hear of teachers and employees in various sectors making comments on social media and then suffering the consequences.

Somehow, athletes think they're above this.... Mike Wallace & Santonio Holmes are no exceptions.
    I am a teacher. I don't have a Twitter account. But, there is a policy specifically in place in my district regarding the use (or misuse) of social media. Just as there are policies in place in corporate america about the use (or misuse) of social media and company e-mail.

Unless the Steelers or NFL have a policy, official or unoffical, about responding to Twitter harassment, Mike Wallace was well within his rights to tell that jagoff to blow him...

Now, should he have done so? No...probably not...

But, that's no reason to run him out of town...

Legend

User Info Menu

definitely shouldn't run him out of town over a twitter rant but I don't think this should be defended... nothing positive will come from telling people to "blow him" on twitter.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    definitely shouldn't run him out of town over a twitter rant but I don't think this should be defended... nothing positive will come from telling people to "blow him" on twitter.
    Something tells me he wasn't really looking for a positive outcome. I could be wrong...

Legend

User Info Menu

“@Wallace17_daKid: Lame Ass Nixxas blow me worried bout another man!!#fallback”
    Must be a dumbass like Pouncey.
    Last edited by Crash; 03-23-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Must be a dumbass like Pouncey.
    So are you defending Pouncey? Or Wallace? Or both?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I am a teacher. I don't have a Twitter account. But, there is a policy specifically in place in my district regarding the use (or misuse) of social media. Just as there are policies in place in corporate america about the use (or misuse) of social media and company e-mail.

Unless the Steelers or NFL have a policy, official or unoffical, about responding to Twitter harassment, Mike Wallace was well within his rights to tell that jagoff to blow him...

Now, should he have done so? No...probably not...

But, that's no reason to run him out of town...
    In just about any other industry, it's a reason to fire someone immediately. Thats just the reality of it.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I can only think of one industry where it's OK to tell the customer to "blow me"