Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallace Wants More than Fitz

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The man is crazy if this is true. He is not worth anywhere near that.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    According to Bouchette:

If this is true, Wallace really needs to adjust his expectations. That said, I'm still fine with the Steelers keeping him for two more years -- this year with the tender, next year with the tag, and then taking the third round comp pick when he walks.
    hahahahahahahahhahahah. Fitz money?!?! This has got to be a bogus report. But I agree with you philly.... worst case scenario, keep him the next 2 years.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I've thought of that possibility too. If he wants to stay with the Steelers, all he has to do is price himself out of range for every other team, then take his time and work out a contract with the Steelers that is good for both sides.
    No offense to you guys but what would be the point in doing that. If he wants to stay w/ the Steelers, he doesn't have to create lies or false expectations w/ other teams. It makes no sense and quite honestly, it's wishful thinking that Wallace has this "master" strategy.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    No offense to you guys but what would be the point in doing that. If he wants to stay w/ the Steelers, he doesn't have to create lies or false expectations w/ other teams. It makes no sense and quite honestly, it's wishful thinking that Wallace has this "master" strategy.
    This is it.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I understand that he has something you can't teach in speed and with that he takes the top off the coverage and allows others to thrive. BUT I'm still pissed at him for the lack of heart he showed in the SB, many blame the Mendy fumble but I saw a complete lack of effort on his part in that game and on many of his catches last year. If he's not getting a bomb thrown his way he does a poor job or coming back to the ball as a rec should. The other thing that sort of irked me was he picked Keenan Lewis to be in the team MVP...hello??? I just don't think he's all there. He can play out this season and move on for all I care. At this point I need to feel better, the cure is more cowbell...actually Jerrico would be nice or another proven Vet.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Exactly. He is not required to entertain offers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Seems a strange demand if there is so little interest in him. The market should/will determine what Wallace gets- not the agent. If the agent is dumb enough to make this demand, find zero offers, and continue to hold this demand- then Chadman would suggest Wallace needs to look at a new agent.

Put it this way- if he came into negotiations with demands at half that- he'd get, say, 4 teams interested. They would naturally bargain his price UP in order to land his signature. If there is no offers at the amount they demand- he'll have to drop his price in order to be signed. Or he could sit out.

But we are not talking about a guy that can rest on his millions- he hasn't made his fortune yet.

When push comes to shove, he won't be getting anything around that number.

This seems like a bad tip for Bouchette

Chadman is going to call this article "Bogus" for now, it simply doesn't make sense.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't want this to sound like "crazy talk" but for that kind of coin; I'd like a WR that actually goes up and fights for a ball and occassionally plays DB when it's not a well thrown pass. I don't want to be unreasonable though...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If he wants Fitz money...then let's just go get Fitz.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I don't want this to sound like "crazy talk" but for that kind of coin; I'd like a WR that actually goes up and fights for a ball and occassionally plays DB when it's not a well thrown pass. I don't want to be unreasonable though...
    That's my #1 gripe with his game.