Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Is Elway Waiting For.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Let me get this straight, Although I want to keep Wallace for his whole career. A team like the Broncos who witnessed MW drop a key pass and was not heard of the whole game their last time facing him will be the team that dives deep to sign him. OK well wake me up when this is over. If a team wanted Wallace for their 1st why wait so long. Their owner just payed a old QB 20+million a year so now they will tie up 30+ million a year for 2 players , If he does he is as stupid as they come.
    Because they just signed "an old QB" that is exactly why they would make a move like this. They have a two, maybe three, year window to do something with Manning provided his health holds up. They have no young developmental QB on their roster. They HAVE TO do something NOW!!!!! The Broncos went all in with Manning and they have to surround him with more weapons than they have now. They have a good cap situation unlike us so money won't be the issue.

Chances of this happening though are still way less than 50-50
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Because they just signed "an old QB" that is exactly why they would make a move like this. They have a two, maybe three, year window to do something with Manning provided his health holds up. They have no young developmental QB on their roster. They HAVE TO do something NOW!!!!! The Broncos went all in with Manning and they have to surround him with more weapons than they have now. They have a good cap situation unlike us so money won't be the issue.

Chances of this happening though are still way less than 50-50
    Agreed. I wasn't on the wagon saying Wallace was leaving until Denver signed Manning for stupid money. If they are willing to pay Manning 20 million/yr...they WILL dig deep to give him a couple weapons. Wallace makes the most sense. The do indeed have a small window, and they will make their move. Whether Wallace will be on board will be another story. But, I fully expect a 5 year 50 million dollar offer for Wallace in the next three weeks coming out of Denver.
    Trolls are people too.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    Let me get this straight, Although I want to keep Wallace for his whole career. A team like the Broncos who witnessed MW drop a key pass and was not heard of the whole game their last time facing him will be the team that dives deep to sign him. OK well wake me up when this is over. If a team wanted Wallace for their 1st why wait so long. Their owner just payed a old QB 20+million a year so now they will tie up 30+ million a year for 2 players , If he does he is as stupid as they come.
    IMO the Broncos made a great move to get Manning. However, paying Wallace 10m a year (as you indicated) would be completely dumb.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

In case you guys didnt hear the Broncos just lost a key starter to their defense...DT Broderick Bunkley. And they have Ryan McBean and D.J. Williams suspended for the first 6 games of next season. My guess is they use the 25th pick on Jerel Worthy or QB Kirk Cousins. Yep QB! They need to groom someone quick because Manning's window is 2 years tops.

Wallace aint goin' no where!!
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    In case you guys didnt hear the Broncos just lost a key starter to their defense...DT Broderick Bunkley. And they have Ryan McBean and D.J. Williams suspended for the first 6 games of next season. My guess is they use the 25th pick on Jerel Worthy or QB Kirk Cousins. Yep QB! They need to groom someone quick because Manning's window is 2 years tops.

Wallace aint goin' no where!!
    I'm inclined to agree with you more and more. Plus, the Broncos just signed Andre Caldwell. Thomas, Decker, Caldwell. They aren't going after Wallace.

I also agree that Wallace will play with the RFA tender this year and the Franchise tender next year. He needs to decide if he wants less money and security now or a fat contract in 2 years.