Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Is Elway Waiting For.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Wallace isn't going anywhere.
    Agreed! No team is going to give him market value and giving up a number 1 pick.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    Give them time. KOA 850 in Denver says it's coming.
    Oh so it's talked about on sports talk radio so it's gonna happen?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Denver doesn't care about the draft. Their "draft" has always been free agency. It won them two titles in the 1990's. They've always been aggressive. They signed Bruce Smith to an offer sheet, they signed Tim Brown to an offer sheet, and they signed Anthony Miller to an offer sheet.

If they want Wallace, they will make him an offer.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If they wanted him he would have been signed to an offer and not waiting for another team to do it.
    I guess their owner have to cut more grass to earn money to do so.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think if it were just the big contract or just the draft pick, more teams would be after Mike. The fact that it is both seems to be the deterrent.

Legend

User Info Menu

If the report out of San Fran is true, that Wallace is asking for more money than Fitz, I'm pretty sure he'll be back with the Steelers next year for his tender.

Legend

User Info Menu

Several analysts on the NFL Network the other night said the market for RFAs really doesn't kick in until early April when teams see what is left from the UFAs and they have a better idea of the kids in the draft after Pro Days. They said that is when someone will take a run at a guy like Wallace.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel View Post
    Possibly is the key word. Do they have time to gamble that they could possibly get a good WR in the draft? Wallace is a proven commodity, whether you like him or not. So since they have room under the cap, maybe they decide not to gamble given the very limited time left for Manning and grab a proven WR like Wallace despite the cost.
    I agree that Wallace is a much more proven commodity than a draft pick (essentially a lottery ticket). BUT, I don't know how proven Wallace would be with a QB like Manning. I think he's worth more to us than he is to other teams because of Ben's style.

I think that one of the things that works in our favour is that Ben plays so differently than everyone else that it's a bit harder to project how Wallace would do with someone like manning. I don't know the answer to this, but how many of MW's huge plays are the result of Ben's sandlot like ability to extend plays? Manning is not going to give Wallace that extra time. If other FOs see Wallace as crazy fast but not a great route runner (like many on here seem to), how does he project to play with a QB that is 100% about route timing and getting rid of the ball as fast as humanly possible.

I don't think it's a guarantee that Wallace can improve on (or even repeat) his success with another QB. If I'm a GM, I don't know if I burn a ton of cap space AND a first round pick on that gamble.

Legend

User Info Menu

$$$
    If teams are going to show interest in signing him, we'll see it in April.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I agree that Wallace is a much more proven commodity than a draft pick (essentially a lottery ticket). BUT, I don't know how proven Wallace would be with a QB like Manning. I think he's worth more to us than he is to other teams because of Ben's style.

I think that one of the things that works in our favour is that Ben plays so differently than everyone else that it's a bit harder to project how Wallace would do with someone like manning. I don't know the answer to this, but how many of MW's huge plays are the result of Ben's sandlot like ability to extend plays? Manning is not going to give Wallace that extra time. If other FOs see Wallace as crazy fast but not a great route runner (like many on here seem to), how does he project to play with a QB that is 100% about route timing and getting rid of the ball as fast as humanly possible.

I don't think it's a guarantee that Wallace can improve on (or even repeat) his success with another QB. If I'm a GM, I don't know if I burn a ton of cap space AND a first round pick on that gamble.
    Bingo... Peyton is all about timing and I don't see Wallace flourishing in that situation.