Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Two point conversion

Two point conversion

Not complaining,I'm thrilled with the 'W",but was going for 2 when the Steelers did the right call? Steelers score a TD which puts them up by 11,if they kick the PAT they are up 12,a 2 TD game,the 2 point conversion puts them up 13,still a 2 TD game,however if they fail on the 2,it's an 11 point lead,which a Brown TD plus a 2 point conversion and a field goal ties the game. Am I missing something?

Legend
    I thought the same thing. I really think Tomlin needs a game manager that tells him what to do throughout a game because he takes too much unneeded risk. I really wish he'd go by the numbers sometimes.

Agreed. It's a billion dollar business. Some things can be left to your "gut." Math isn't one of them.

But it will continue and it will eventually cost us.

Well, if you want to go by math...

XPs were converted at a 94% rate this year...

2 pt tries were converted at a 47% rate this year...

Therefore, 100 attempts of each would yield 94 points...

The Steelers converted a record number of 2 pt tries this year at a 72.7%...we made only 90.6% of our extra point tries...

Therefore, 100 2 point tries would yield 144-146 points while 100 XPs would yield 90-91 points...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

The Steelers converted a record number of 2 pt tries this year at a 72.7%...we made only 90.6% of our extra point tries...

Therefore, 100 2 point tries would yield 144-146 points while 100 XPs would yield 90-91 points...

Thanks for the math lesson. I'll be sure to remind you of it when we lose a game by 1 point after failing on an unnecessary 2 pt conversion. Hopefully, it will not occur this post-season.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

And the SeaHawks should go for it on every 4th down because they convert a league leading 90% of the time.

Gotta love Math

Legend
    I dont care... when you are hot, go for 2.

If we lose, it more than likely won't be because of a 2pt conversion.
    Bell was fishwhacked, and it was obvious. Where there is piss, there is fire. - Moonie

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I dont care... when you are hot, go for 2.

If we lose, it more than likely won't be because of a 2pt conversion.
    Taking unnecessary risks is bad. This simple life lesson also applies to football.

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    And the SeaHawks should go for it on every 4th down because they convert a league leading 90% of the time.

Gotta love Math
    Bingo. This is not that complicated. Some people will argue anything regardless of objective reality.

Quote Originally Posted by MCHammer View Post
    Taking unnecessary risks is bad. This simple life lesson also applies to football.
    You can also be overly protective and think the only way to win is doing everything in a safe way. That is not how sports works IMO. You have to be willing to be aggressive and take some chances. Some of them will fail but you will benefit more from than mentality than not. I don't see why a 2-pt conversion try against Cleveland was so risky. Cleveland was a team that was not putting things together the entire year or in this game. That is a good team to sharpen your 2-pt conversion skills against.