Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ward will retire a Steeler Today

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm sure some won't care. I would prefer to see our legends have a greater affinity for the Steelers organization than they do to playing grandpa ball with another team. But, that might be just me. And the thought of having Ward needing to play for us again is a scary thought. Ward is long past his prime. Starting he would be lucky to catch 40 balls.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Black and GOLD...I hate that #&@%!^$ Wiz Khalifa!!!
    I agree. (Why do I need 10 characters to post a reply? There.....that should do it.)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Black and GOLD...I hate that #&@%!^$ Wiz Khalifa!!!
    lol
    Black & yellow gold...Make everyone happy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by insanesteelersfan View Post
    First off, I don't care how it happened. And second, IF we lose Wallace, and Cotchery, you could see Hines BACK in the Black & Gold.
    I only want to see Hines Ward as a WR coach. Steelers are in big trouble if Hines Ward is in game playing as a WR for black and gold.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by insanesteelersfan View Post
    Hines IS...and SHOULD be a first Ballot Hall of famer.
    Through my Black and Gold glasses i would say yes but no way he is first Ballot HOF. IMO Hines Ward is a borderline HOF player
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

The HOF selection chairman Rick Gosselin said last month that Hines was a HOF "long shot", at best.

Out of the top 10 in TDs and he's only 18th in yards. In this era? That's not good.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    The HOF selection chairman Rick Gosselin said last month that Hines was a HOF "long shot", at best.

Out of the top 10 in TDs and he's only 18th in yards. In this era? That's not good.
    Considering he played with Kordell Stewart as his QB, in a run-heavy offense, for a big portion of his career, I'd say he had outstanding statistics!

It doesn't really matter to me if he makes Canton or not...he's in my Steelers HOF right next to Swannie and Stallworth. Well done, #86!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post

It could also depend on postseason performance...

Unlike a lot of WRs with 1,000 catches (Tim Brown, Cris Carter) Hines' per game statistics are BETTER in the postseason vs the regular season...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Now that's the way I want to remember #86! Great Job Hines...You will be missed. We are so blessed to have seen A Smith & Ward now step away with class. Brought a tear to my eye!

Starter

User Info Menu

YAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Man, that totally made my day!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

"18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08