Presser this afternoon.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hines To Retire (???)

Presser coming soon................

Steelers plan Hines Ward press conference

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 20, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
    Getty Images
    The Pittsburgh Steelers have announced a press conference today with their all-time leading receiver, [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/701/hines-ward"]Hines Ward[/URL]. Presumably, the announcement will be that Ward is retiring from the NFL.

Although there’s no official word on the 36-year-old Ward’s retirement, it’s hard to think of any other reason that Ward would be making any type of announcement.

The Steelers released Ward early this month, and he has drawn no interest at all in the free agent market. Ward had noticeably slowed down last season, catching just 46 passes for 381 yards, for an average of only 8.3 yards a catch.
    Now he appears to have accepted that his career is over. It was a brilliant career that saw him collect 1,000 catches for 12,083 yards and 85 touchdowns, with four Pro Bowls, two Super Bowl rings and a Super Bowl MVP award.
    If Ward has played his final game, he’ll be eligible for the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2017.

​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Backup

User Info Menu

Im glad Hines is going out this way and not playing for another team. Go out on a high note. Thanks for all you did Hines!!!!

Jaxsontheman

Steelers press conference with Hines Ward

The Pittsburgh Steelers have announced a press conference today with their all-time leading receiver, Hines Ward. Presumably, the announcement will be that Ward is retiring from the NFL.

Although there’s no official word on the 36-year-old Ward’s retirement, it’s hard to think of any other reason that Ward would be making any type of announcement.

The Steelers released Ward early this month, and he has drawn no interest at all in the free agent market. Ward had noticeably slowed down last season, catching just 46 passes for 381 yards, for an average of only 8.3 yards a catch.

Now he appears to have accepted that his career is over. It was a brilliant career that saw him collect 1,000 catches for 12,083 yards and 85 touchdowns, with four Pro Bowls, two Super Bowl rings and a Super Bowl MVP award.

If Ward has played his final game, he’ll be eligible for the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2017.

Legend

User Info Menu

I doubt he had a choice. I can't imagine anyone picking him up.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

I think the true Haters out there will never give Hines the credit he deserves. Hines was always ALL Class. Always worked hard. Ended up with great Receiving stats yes. But he was easily the greatest single WR Blocker that EVER played the game. I mean the rules of the game were changed because of him. Hines IS...and SHOULD be a first Ballot Hall of famer.
    And to see him NOT wear another teams uniform is one of the greatest things as a steelers fan that we will see.

Thanks Hines. God speed to you, and your family.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Thank God! I wanted to see that Smile one last time in Black & Yellow!

Legend

User Info Menu

Insane, I agree but I wish Ward would have retired because he wanted to retire a Steeler. Instead he will retire because he can't find a team to pick him up. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
    Trolls are people too.

Starter

User Info Menu

First off, I don't care how it happened. And second, IF we lose Wallace, and Cotchery, you could see Hines BACK in the Black & Gold.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Thank God! I wanted to see that Smile one last time in Black & Yellow!
    Black and GOLD...I hate that [EMAIL="#&@%!^$"]#&@%!^$[/EMAIL] Wiz Khalifa!!!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.