Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I could care less what he said. God, people are so damn sensitive. Grow up. I do have a problem with the way he fumbled, wouldn't fight for a yard and stopped in the hole. Sure he had speed but whupty do.
    I think people that lost loved ones during the 911 attack or ones that have actually been directly effected by slavery have the right to be sensitive about those subjects. I would hope that you dont think those people need to 'grow up'.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    I think people that lost loved ones during the 911 attack or ones that have actually been directly effected by slavery have the right to be sensitive about those subjects. I would hope that you dont think those people need to 'grow up'.
    I agree about 9/11 families, but no one has been "directly effected by slavery" in 147 years in the US so that is just a politically correct hot button issue used for political purposes.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    When the best compliment for your #1 RB is "if that was Mendy instead of Redman he would have scored" it's time to move on.
    unfortunatley, the quote too often is "if that were Redman we would have scored" as most of those rush attempts from the 1 were mendy

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    I don't feel he was "insensitive" (god I feel like a pu$$y just saying that) about the people who were directly effected by the death of loved ones. He questioned why it happened. I never heard him say one derogatory thing about the loss of life. Seems to me he's questioning a government that's growing more corrupt by the day.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Think what you like of his comments- he certainly didn't 'run his mouth'. He stated his opinion that most disagreed with. Freedom of speech & all that, right? You are allowed to voice your opinion from memory.

If that's running his mouth- same should be said for Harrison, Clark, Ward etc. in relation to comments about Goodell.
    Good point, Chadman.

I would like to see Mendy come back and run behind a solid line and another OC that does not have the initials B.A. Our running plays had all the imagination of a 4-year old and amounted to running up Kemo's butt-crack.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I don't feel he was "insensitive" (god I feel like a pu$$y just saying that) about the people who were directly effected by the death of loved ones. He questioned why it happened. I never heard him say one derogatory thing about the loss of life. Seems to me he's questioning a government that's growing more corrupt by the day.
    Actually- the thing that he really said was that he was upset that people in the US were celebrating the death of another man.

Excellent point Mr Mendenhall. Maybe if more people saw it his way, there would be less to and fro as far as violence goes.

And Birt is right- there was nothing in what Mendenhall said that was insensitive, he made valid, thought out observations. That they go against the grain of common belief seems to be his biggest mistake. If this is any kind of reason for getting rid of Mendenhall, then the Steelers should add Ben, Clark, Harrison, Woodley..etc to the "get rid of them" crew.

Quick- bring in Tebow!
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    and amounted to running up Kemo's butt-crack.
    I am now qualified to go home sick, after barfing on my computer.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel View Post
    At the time of that draft, I was sure that it was going to be a great draft class with Mendy and then somehow getting Sweed in Rd. 2. MAYBE our scouting was not as good as most others...or maybe it was just bad luck. I even thought Davis, Hills and Dixon were great picks. WOW! A horrible draft!
    I think the problem in that draft was that the Steelers did not scout Sweed and Mendenall with much intensity. Mendenhall was projected to be gone long before the Steelers pick, and Sweed was also projected, by some, as a first round WR. Perhaps the Steelers assigned a grade, didn't think these guys would be available, and then didn't do the diligence they would ordinarily do.

A pick like Hills doens't bother me too much. He was a boom or bust pick, and he busted. The one that does sting is Bruce Davis. The Steelers scouted Cliff Avril, and he was available in the third, but decided on Davis.

To really drive yourself nuts, had they taken Avril, they likely would not have taken Worilds, and instead taken Sean Lee. Now, perhaps Avril would have left this year in FA, but the Steelers would then be looking only for a developmental OLB, not a near-term starter at ILB, and would have had better depth last year. I'm not a big fan on the woulda/shoulda/coulda line of reasoning, but I've thought about this one on a few occasions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I never thought Mendenhall was a bad back. Give the guy a fullback and watch Mendy tear up the field.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Actually- the thing that he really said was that he was upset that people in the US were celebrating the death of another man.

Excellent point Mr Mendenhall. Maybe if more people saw it his way, there would be less to and fro as far as violence goes.

And Birt is right- there was nothing in what Mendenhall said that was insensitive, he made valid, thought out observations. That they go against the grain of common belief seems to be his biggest mistake. If this is any kind of reason for getting rid of Mendenhall, then the Steelers should add Ben, Clark, Harrison, Woodley..etc to the "get rid of them" crew.

Quick- bring in Tebow!
    I'd keep Mendenhall if he comes cheap... otherwise, I'd show him the door. When we drafted him, I thought he was going to be a stud. After watching him play, I'd say he was overrated and not a good selection in the 1st round. Maybe, he's just not a good fit in our offense.

But then again, maybe he just needs to:

1) Open his eyes when he runs
    2) Not run in the back of o-lineman
    3) Run w/ anticipation
    4) Not tap dance behind the LOS.
    5) Learn how to break a tackle and not break his shoulder in the process

He's a guy that can be easily replaced.... Take the money and sign a guard.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.