Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mendenhall may have played his last snap as a Steeler

Legend

User Info Menu

Think what you like of his comments- he certainly didn't 'run his mouth'. He stated his opinion that most disagreed with. Freedom of speech & all that, right? You are allowed to voice your opinion from memory.

If that's running his mouth- same should be said for Harrison, Clark, Ward etc. in relation to comments about Goodell.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Aside from the off-field stuff, I never felt really solid with Mendenhall as our RB. He seemed to be more promise than production, that big play potential was shown far too infrequently. Not entirely his fault with our poor OL, but both Redman and Moore managed better production back there.

Starter

User Info Menu

I would still like to keep him if he comes cheap. which might happen, especially if he sits out the entire season with the ACL

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Think what you like of his comments- he certainly didn't 'run his mouth'. He stated his opinion that most disagreed with. Freedom of speech & all that, right? You are allowed to voice your opinion from memory.

If that's running his mouth- same should be said for Harrison, Clark, Ward etc. in relation to comments about Goodell.

And I'm stating that he is a piece of **** and that he did run his mouth about bin laden and how nfl players are like slaves............throw those ignorant comments in with his fumble that costs us the superbowl and I cant wait to see him off this team. Just my opinion.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    And I'm stating that he is a piece of **** and that he did run his mouth about bin laden and how nfl players are like slaves............throw those ignorant comments in with his fumble that costs us the superbowl and I cant wait to see him off this team. Just my opinion.
    He has a right to have an opinion and so do you and I. One thing I hate about celebrities, athletes, etc is that they think their opinion is worth more because they can reach more people than you and I via facebook and twitter. Like I said, he had a right to his opinion and you and I have a right to voice ours... My opinion is that he made a complete fool of himself. My other opinion is that I think he's overrated and never performed at a 1st round pick level. If he's back, then that's fine. If not, we'll just need to find a guy that:

1) Can't break any tackes.
    2) Runs with his eyes closed.
    3) Tap dances behind the LOS.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I could care less what he said. God, people are so damn sensitive. Grow up. I do have a problem with the way he fumbled, wouldn't fight for a yard and stopped in the hole. Sure he had speed but whupty do.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd love to have him back, if possible. He's a good back and I'm sure the Rooney's will let this thing play itself out. As for the Twitter thing, it doesn't really matter. If as many people followed me as followed him, I'd have plenty of controversial things too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I could care less what he said. God, people are so damn sensitive. Grow up. I do have a problem with the way he fumbled, wouldn't fight for a yard and stopped in the hole. Sure he had speed but whupty do.
    When the best compliment for your #1 RB is "if that was Mendy instead of Redman he would have scored" it's time to move on.

Legend

User Info Menu

ACLs need 2 years. I'm not saying someone can't come back before then, but 2 years is what it takes for a running back to be "back to form". And even that is a fallicy. Mendenhall will never run the same. The anatomy of the knee, therefore the kinetics of running for him will always be different. Can he come back in 2013 and be a great back? Sure. But, I agree with Bouchette...Mendenhall is likely done in the Burgh unless he is willing to sign a very conservative contract.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    ACLs need 2 years. I'm not saying someone can't come back before then, but 2 years is what it takes for a running back to be "back to form". And even that is a fallicy. Mendenhall will never run the same. The anatomy of the knee, therefore the kinetics of running for him will always be different. Can he come back in 2013 and be a great back? Sure. But, I agree with Bouchette...Mendenhall is likely done in the Burgh unless he is willing to sign a very conservative contract.
    And this is not Adrian Peterson we would be waiting on. I said it awhile ago and will repeat it again. There is no need to keep him on the roster for next season.