Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cotchery Visiting Chiefs

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    As much as we all love Cotchery- the #4 WR position could be filled just as easily by a Lee Evans or Deion Branch- both on the downside of their careers, but easily role-players & experienced vets.

No need to overpay Cotchery.
    I agree with what you're saying but just say no to Lee Evans. Watching him drop that game winning touchdown leaves me still SMH, and I was rooting against the ravens. Let him go ruin it for some other team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    I agree with what you're saying but just say no to Lee Evans. Watching him drop that game winning touchdown leaves me still SMH, and I was rooting against the ravens. Let him go ruin it for some other team.
    Lee Evans or Deion Branch- both on the downside of their careers, but easily role-players & experienced vets.
    Sounds like Hines Ward!!!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Update on Cotchery's status, per PFT......

Chiefs could catch Cotchery

Posted by Mike Florio on March 23, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT

Getty Images
    Veteran receiver [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1618/jerricho-cotchery"]Jerricho Cotchery[/URL], who eventually assumed the Hines Ward role in the Steelers’ offense last year, could be finding a role in the Chiefs’ offense in 2012.

Cotchery, per a league source, visited Kansas City on Thursday.

An eight-year veteran, Cotchery spent seven seasons with the Jets before joining the Steelers in 2011. A full-time starter from 2006 through 2009, Cotchery could bring some extra toughness and reliability to the receiving corps, along with the kind of leadership qualities that will be missing if (as assumed) running back [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2408/thomas-jones"]Thomas Jones[/URL] doesn’t return.

UPDATE 10:39 a.m. ET
    : A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that Cotchery actually visited the Chiefs earlier in the week. However, the official NFL documentation indicates that the visit occurred on Thursday.

LOL, not really much of an update though.....
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION