Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ugh Cordy Glenn to the Bengals.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    well, that ain't gonna happen.

I would prefer we keep our All-Pro center right where he is and instead draft an OG early and let him compete with Foster and Legs for the two starting OG positions.

Why would you want to do something like? I mean really! All-Pro center! He has too many boo-boos anyway! and Legursky will earn more experience points at center, so he can level up faster! Let's just shuffle our players around until we find the right spot for them! They do it in PeeWee afterall!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    That is helpful. Hopefully, they sign another UFA G with all of that cap space (and not Mike Wallace).
    They also signed former Texans and Dolphins CB Jason Allen and re-signed FS Reggie Nelson recently.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

There is talk that the Cowboys might target DeCastro with their 1st pick. Cordy Glenn then becomes a target for not only the Bengals, but the Chargers too.

The Steelers Pro-Day visits have been interesting- looking at plenty of 1st Round type DL. Here's betting that if the 2 top OG's are gone by #24, that the Steelers look for the best DL available & grab an OG (Washington from Miami) in the 2nd.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    There is talk that the Cowboys might target DeCastro with their 1st pick. Cordy Glenn then becomes a target for not only the Bengals, but the Chargers too.

The Steelers Pro-Day visits have been interesting- looking at plenty of 1st Round type DL. Here's betting that if the 2 top OG's are gone by #24, that the Steelers look for the best DL available & grab an OG (Washington from Miami) in the 2nd.
    I was hoping that the Cowboys would target a corner with their first pick, since improving their secondary was just as important (if not moreso) than improving their interior o-line. However, then they signed a big money deal with CB Brandon Carr (5 years, $50.1 million) to replace the aging and ineffective Terrence Newman. They have since signed a couple of guards, but neither was a blockbuster signing of the Carr level (G Mackenzy Bernadeau signed for 4 years worth $11 million and G Nate Livings signed for 5 years worth $19 million with $6.2M guaranteed). At this point, if both Dre Kirkpatrick and David DeCastro were there for them, they might lean toward DeCastro, since they now have Brandon Carr, Mike Jenkins, and Orlando Scandrick at corner already...they could start DeCastro and Livings, and have Bernadeau there for insurance/depth purposes (he only started 20 times out of 47 games with the Panthers).

Then again, they could just throw us all off and take the best available pass rusher to play opposite DeMarcus Ware, then trade away Anthony Spencer, who they franchise-tagged this offseason.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    There is talk that the Cowboys might target DeCastro with their 1st pick.
    It was reported that Cowboys' head coach Jason Garrett did not attend the Stanford pro day yesterday (he did attend the USC Pro Day last year prior to making Trojan OT Tyron Smith their first round pick). Also interesting was that some scouts there asked DeCastro to work out as a center as well.