Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugh Cordy Glenn to the Bengals.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ugh Cordy Glenn to the Bengals.

The Bengals have lost both of their guards in FA (McGlynn and Livings). You know if Glenn falls to them they will take him with one of their mid-first round picks. It was bad enough that we won't get him. Now, if he goes to the Bungals, I'll throw up a little in my mouth.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not to worry...we can now re-sign Kemo on the cheap...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Fortunately for us there are quite a few strong guard prospects in this draft. I'd wager the deepest guard class in a good long while. I just want free agency to be over and the draft to get here already.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm sure they'll try to pick a OG somewhere in the middle rounds to compete in camp. Too many holes to fill to take one in round 1...

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    I'm sure they'll try to pick a OG somewhere in the middle rounds to compete in camp. Too many holes to fill to take one in round 1...

I totally disagree there if then can get their hands on Glenn or DeCastro otherwise i see them taking one in round 2 or 3.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steeler Nation in general would prefer 2 new starting guards, however local media in the Burgh says the FO
    is content with the starting OL- for now.

I agree that they could take one (if there's one to be taken to their liking of course) in round 2 or so- that's why I was saying mid- rounds- anyway, they are not going to be drafting multiple OG's in the draft, because they more than likely would just be cut anyways.- See Urbik for an example. In my opinion, they have to let Legs play more than he has at LG. They must like him as starting material considering he's played both OG positions and C. He's about the strongest man on the team. That's been reported too. He'll be fine at pulling- if ever given the chance- with Haley in there now- we'll see what the formations and plays he runs. Hopefully it's more man blocking up front on running plays. The fans just can't blame the OG's for not scoring in the RZ. That's just a cop out. It all starts with the coaches and how they put their players in situations to succeed. Can't execute a poorly called formation and play....

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

I like Foster at one OG spot.

If Legurskyu has to start? I would prefer he move to center and Pouncey play LG.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    I like Foster at one OG spot.

If Legurskyu has to start? I would prefer he move to center and Pouncey play LG.

well, that ain't gonna happen.

I would prefer we keep our All-Pro center right where he is and instead draft an OG early and let him compete with Foster and Legs for the two starting OG positions.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

The Bengals signed former Carolina guard Travelle Wharton to a 3 year contract over the weekend. He's been a starter for the Panthers for the last 8 seasons.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    The Bengals signed former Carolina guard Travelle Wharton to a 3 year contract over the weekend. He's been a starter for the Panthers for the last 8 seasons.
    That is helpful. Hopefully, they sign another UFA G with all of that cap space (and not Mike Wallace).
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.