Thread: With the Shrine Game, Senior Bowl and Combine in the books,

Urielz_Machine

With the Shrine Game, Senior Bowl and Combine in the books,

Whom would you pull the trigger on with our 1st round selection ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

BPA at #24.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

BPA

DeCastro, Glenn, Poe, Hightower, M Barron, Dre K, Jonathan Martin, F Cox, Nick Perry. Zach Brown, Courtney Upshaw to name the few.

My fave would be DeCastro or Glenn.
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Legend

User Info Menu

Well, because everyone is avoiding answering the question... , Chadman will answer it with one that is a little out of the blue- one not previously mentioned by Chadman, but has come up recently-

Fletcher Cox.

And Chadman would play him at DE & move Hood to NT. The future DL would be Heyward & Cox, bookending Hood- athletic, big & strong.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Well, because everyone is avoiding answering the question... , Chadman will answer it with one that is a little out of the blue- one not previously mentioned by Chadman, but has come up recently-

Fletcher Cox.

And Chadman would play him at DE & move Hood to NT. The future DL would be Heyward & Cox, bookending Hood- athletic, big & strong.
    I'm not sure about Hood at nose tackle. Does he have enough weight to do what Hampton has done for so many years?

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I'm not sure about Hood at nose tackle. Does he have enough weight to do what Hampton has done for so many years?

Pappy
    Not only that question, but it would also mean that we burn 3 of our last 4 draft choices on the defensive line. I don't think that's very wise. Hopefully one of the guards are there.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post

Pappy
    Why does he have to play Hampton's style? A more penetrating style could be effective, like Chris Hoke played. It could be an interesting combination of skills, as Ziggy is quicker & more mobile than Hampton, and bigger & stronger than Hoke.

Pete
    It's not what you do, it's how you do it.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSize View Post
    Why does he have to play Hampton's style? A more penetrating style could be effective, like Chris Hoke played. It could be an interesting combination of skills, as Ziggy is quicker & more mobile than Hampton, and bigger & stronger than Hoke.

Pete
    Agree with this thinking. Hood was very much a penetrating DT coming out of the Miz, and this was the question about him coming to the Steelers. In my opinion he has been ok in making the change with Steelers, he has had some ups and downs. Truly believe moving him inside and letting him be more disruptive and penetrate will help both Ziggy and the Steelers D.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hood has already played some NG for the Steelers. With that said, I believe we still have a greater need on the DL rather the OL. Plus, this year the OG's are deep in the draft. Can pick up another OG in round 2 or 3. Gotta use that 1st round pick on the BPA, obviously, but if we pick a OG in the 1st round I'll be disappointed, unless someone like a top 15 grade- Decastro falls to us. Steelers are on record as saying they are content with their starting OL now, so let's look at Hightower, Poe, or another DLineman... Like your choice there Chadman... Still like that mock with Hightower and Zeitler in rounds 1 and 2 though..
    Last edited by pfelix73; 03-11-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion