Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glazer: Rams, Redskins strike deal for No. 2 pick

Legend

User Info Menu

Glazer: Rams, Redskins strike deal for No. 2 pick

Glazer: Rams, Redskins strike deal for No. 2 pick

Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2012

The Dolphins would be wise to offer [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1493/peyton-manning"]Peyton Manning[/URL] more money, because their Plan B has now evaporated.

Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reports that the Rams and the Redskins have agreed to terms on a deal that will send the [URL="http://www.twitlonger.com/show/gbhvr8"]second overall pick in the 2012 draft to Washington[/URL]. The Redskins undoubtedly will pick quarterback[URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7406/robert-griffin-iii"]Robert Griffin III[/URL]. (Or, at the very worst,[URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6439/andrew-luck"]Andrew Luck[/URL].)

Glazer says that the teams will swap first-round picks in 2012, with St. Louis taking the No. 6 pick. The Rams also get two future first-round picks and additional selections, one of which is believed to be a second-rounder.

The trade can’t be finalized until the new league year begins on Tuesday at 4:00 p.m. ET.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/09/glazer-rams-redskins-strike-deal-for-no-2-pick/
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 03-10-2012 at 01:29 AM.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........Knuckle up. Punk.

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This has the makings of a disaster. If you can't build around a young QB you are asking for problems. Giving up their second round this year, and their first round picks in both 2013 and 2014 is not very smart. But this is the Daniel Snyder Washington Redskins. Thank God the Pittsburgh Steelers are run by men who know what they are doing.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Man they gave up a ton. 3 firsts and a 2nd to move up 4 spots. Hell of a deal for the Rams and typical Dan Synder. Although I think both RG3 and Luck are franchise QB's. IF they find a way to sign Manning it could be a franchise changer for the positive if they can hit on their later round picks.

Starter

User Info Menu

This deal will ensure that the Redskins are a NON-contender for the next 10 years. The Skins have an awful line, receiving core, and 4 mediocre running backs. Throw a rookie QB in to that mix and you have a perfect recipe for disaster.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

LOL- HAHAHA- When I saw this on ESPN, I about fell off my chair laughing. I am just sooooo glad that our team doesn't do stupid things like this. Trading 3 1st round picks for an unknown dude is just so funny and insane.. Not very smart if you ask me. In fact, Shanahan is a lunatic. I am now convinced that the only reason he was successful in Denver was solely because of Elway who someone else drafted. He was lousy in Oakland, and now he's lousy in DC. This RG3 dude is no franchise QB. Can we say Akili?

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Backup

User Info Menu

Skins should have kept those picks and Rolled with the QB out of Boise. (I think he is a sleeper)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Redskins had to do something.. I knew they weren't getting Manning. He'd be a fool to come here to this team as constructed. I doubt if they would have attracted any meaningful offensive FA because they have no weapons, no OL. Nobody worth a hoot was coming here. I live here in the DC area and I'm kind of excited for them that they will have the opportunity to draft RG3. This fan base is starved for some excitement and I think RG3 will invigorate things a little bit. If they manage to win six games with Rex Grossman and John Beck, surely they will do no worse with RG3.

Legend

User Info Menu

They have $40 million in cap room. They can build around him with PROVEN TALENT quicker than just waiting picks to develop. Risky, aggressive move, but with $40 mil in cap room? I would do it if we were in the same situation.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crash View Post
    They have $40 million in cap room. They can build around him with PROVEN TALENT quicker than just waiting picks to develop. Risky, aggressive move, but with $40 mil in cap room? I would do it if we were in the same situation.
    Sorry Crash, that stategy has never worked for this organization. Spending big money on fat cat free agents get's you the Albert Haynesworth's of the league. What makes you think that is all of a sudden gonna work with a young inexperienced QB?

They need young talent to build around him. Hungry, hard working, dedicated to proving themselves, talent.

You reap what you sow. This is going to kill this franchise for a long time to come.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

QB-wise, I still think the skins were better off drafting RG3. Peyton Manning would have been another Haynesworth-like move to me. FA come here to cash out and die. Matt Flynn is no more of a sure thing than RG3. The consensus here being they can attract more FA with a guy like RG3. I'm excited about what this kid has to offer.