Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Predictions - Where Will Hines Go?

Legend

User Info Menu

Predictions - Where Will Hines Go?

Anyone have any guesses as to where Hines will land?

From his perspective, he probably wants to win another SuperBowl. He may want to reunite with former players/coaches. He may also may want to move to a certain location. And there may be teams he can add value by bringing his attitude.

My guess is he wants to position himself to make the most money he can after his football career. That means winning a SuperBowl and/or getting exposure in a big market.

Here's what I'd be considering if I were in his shoes:

1. NYG - Current SuperBowl champs. No reason they can't make another run. And it's the biggest market in the country. I bet Coughlin would love to have him.

2. NYJ - This team desperately could use some veteran leadership. This team is f'd up on many levels. But it's a big market. They have some talent. And Hines could help change the culture.

3. Houston - I think they're the best team in football top to bottom. They lack playoff experience. Hines could help infuse a higher expectation level in this team and may be able to propel them to a championship level. And they run the ball and Hines adds the most value in terms of his blocking.

4. Wherever Peyton Manning goes. Loads of media attention. Peyton's probably looking to win too. Even better if it's Miami because there will be lots of media and he can hang out on South Beach with Lebron and DWade.

5. Indy or Wherever RG3 lands - Hines could be the perfect WR to help a young QB. Plus both of these teams will have a big spotlight.

6. Atlanta - Gets to go home. Could add a veteran presence to get this young/talented team over the hump.

7. Arizona - Where old Steelers go out to pasture. He'd help the running game. He'd never get covered with Fitz. And double bonus if they land Peyton.

8. Carolina - A young team with a promising young QB that's committed to running the ball. Hines could get them over the hump and help turn them into a winning program.

9. NE - They don't need him. Not even sure how much they'd use him. But it's a winning program. He'll get attention there. And he's the type of player Billy B would probably love to have on the roster.

10. Philly - Reid's never won a SuperBowl. Hines attitude and approach might help get this talented team over the hump.

11. Dallas - A team with young talent at the WR position that could use some leadership.

12. St Louis - Could help a young team. Jeff Fisher wants to build a winning program. Bringing in a guy like Ward could help him accelerate his build out.

I guess I can make a case for just about anyone really. But my best guess is Hines tries to get to NY with either the Giants or Jets.

And the best fit where he could add the most value is Houston.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Predictions - Where Will Hines Go?

I think he's gonna re-sign with the Steelers later this summer....

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

My preferences is:

1) Anybody but the Ravens or Pats*

2) Nowhere else in the division

3) Retirement

4) Arizona

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

On a set on Sundays.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No where. Marvin H. Sat the sideline because of age. Hines won't get signed be of cause of age. Outside of steeler nation I doubt anyone else think that he could play at a decent level now.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

Chicago Bears or Denver Broncos

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The NFL Network, or if he's really desperate for money and has no pride left, NBC.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Legend

User Info Menu

Made me throw up in my mouth a little:

[url]http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/03/01/ed-bouchette-ward-would-love-to-play-in-baltimore/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

I bet Hines would love the opportunity to knock out some Steelers defenders as pay back for cutting him.

I'd be sick watching him in black and purple.

Starter

User Info Menu

I like Hines... and I cringed every time he caught the football this year because he just looked old, small, and slow to me. He's tough as nails, with attitude from here to next week, but those qualities aren't going to let him age gracefully. As age catches up to him, so, I fear, will a few guys seeking retribution for some of the hits he's delivered over the course of his career. I can see this ending very, very badly for him... I wish he'd retire for this reason more than because of any issues involving him playing in another uniform.