Thread: Ike's First Ever Mock(ery) Draft

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ike's First Ever Mock(ery) Draft

I really don't follow college football enough to know what each player is capable of but after reading multiple topics on the subject from the experts on this board I thought I would give it a try. Quite frankly, I think some of you guys are skipping over players that could really help the Steelers.

Okay, here goes:

Round 1 - Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor ... I think this is a wise pick because Ben is becoming more injury prone the older he gets. I probably would have selected Andrew Luck in this spot but we all know the Steelers have a fascination for black backup QBs.

Round 2 - Matt Kalil, Tackle, USC ... with Starks likely gone this pick can move right in and start at LT which lets Gilbert stay at RT. A win-win for the team. I'm not sure why none of you have mentioned him before.

Round 3 - Quinton Coples, DE, North Caroline ... we can't afford to ignore the defense and Coples should help us improve on our pass rush.

Round 4 - Morris Claiborne, CB, LSU ... we might have been #1 against the pass last year but that was more from the fact we played against mostly 3rd tier QBs than our DBs improved. Claiborne can give us that shutdown guy we have been missing. He can also replace Brown as a return man. Another guy none of you have mentioned.

Round 5 - David DeCastro, G, Stanford ... our starting LG for the next 10 years and together with Pouncey and Kalil we finally give our 100 million dollar QB some protection. I noticed some of you were smart enough to put him in your mock. Well done.

Round 6 - Trent Richardson, RB, Alabama ... since Mendy probably won't be ready for the start of the season I thought we would go ahead and pick up his replacement. This guy runs with great speed and power and will function nicely behind our revamped offensive line. Why any of you didn't consider him I'm not sure.

Round 7 - Trade with Oakland ... we give up this pick and in return we get Oaklands punter, Shane Lechler, and place kicker, Sebastian Janikowski. Lechler has been known to boom a ball 80 yards and Janikowski is fat enough to anchor himself in that mud pit known as Heinz Field. They became available when Oakland, in a way to increase team speed, madated that all players had to run the forty in under 4.5 seconds. Personally I thought this one was a no-brainer.

Well there it is ... Ike's first mock(ery) draft. I would be pretty pleased if the draft goes this way.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Ike's First Ever Mock(ery) Draft

Awesome draft. Now put down the pipe
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Starter

User Info Menu

Excellent mock(ery)! I definitely see Robert Griffin dropping to the Steelers because of his subpar 40 time at the combine.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Dude! EPIC Mock draft.. That is BEAST!
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by anger 82&95
    Excellent mock(ery)! I definitely see Robert Griffin dropping to the Steelers because of his subpar 40 time at the combine.
    really wish RGIII was more athletic...

and OG David DeCastro should definitely now drop to the 5th round also because of his pedestrian 40 time. however, I personally wouldn't take the chance of him dropping that low and instead would select DeCastro in the 4th round.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha