Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers temporarily 'capping' problems

Rookie

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers temporarily 'capping' problems

Hampton could be released after June 1 and spread out the cap hit...

I guess it depends on how well he recovers after ACL surgery...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Hampton could be released after June 1 and spread out the cap hit...

I guess it depends on how well he recovers after ACL surgery...
    In Hampton's case, there are no more years in the future with which to spread out the hit, since this is the last year of the deal. His cap hit would be the same whether he was released before or after June 1. Kemoeatu, on the other hand, could have his cap hit spread out if he were released after June 1, since he has 2 years left on his current deal.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

At least one answer is this... can't imagine the possible scenario in which Mendenhall continues under contract with the Steelers beyond this year. One less guy to pay.

Backup

User Info Menu

Most things that I've read project the cap to take a big jump in 2014 when the new tv contracts hit. If that is the case, then we're just moving money from now where we are tight, to then when we'll have more flexibility.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Frankly, just keep restructuring Ben until he's done, then cut him and have a dead year from hell. We'll suck like Indy and get the top pick.
    If we can add a couple more SBs before that then I'm all for 1 bad year.