Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Met a fine young man this weekend....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Met a fine young man this weekend....

Met UCF CB Josh Robinson and had the opportunity to get to know the young man a little. Very impressive. Grounded, respectful, humble, and has made it known that God is always first in his life. He'll be at the combine and I for one am pulling for this young man.

Many of the draft boards have him rated around 100 so there is a good chance he will go in the 3rd or 4th round. Very good chance to play at the next level.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Met a fine young man this weekend....

It will be fun to watch him. Any other specifics from your conversation that you'd like to share?

I'm also looking forward to watching the other Josh, Josh Norman of Coastal Carolina. Norman has the size, athleticism, and ball skills to be a good CB or convert to FS.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Met UCF CB Josh Robinson and had the opportunity to get to know the young man a little. Very impressive. Grounded, respectful, humble, and has made it known that God is always first in his life. He'll be at the combine and I for one am pulling for this young man.

Many of the draft boards have him rated around 100 so there is a good chance he will go in the 3rd or 4th round. Very good chance to play at the next level.
    Nothing but good things said about him locally here in Orlando. Class act.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    It will be fun to watch him. Any other specifics from your conversation that you'd like to share?

I'm also looking forward to watching the other Josh, Josh Norman of Coastal Carolina. Norman has the size, athleticism, and ball skills to be a good CB or convert to FS.
    Built like a rock. Great shape. Mostly we talked about God.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Did you get a chance to work him out? In your opinion, what are his chances to be good in the NFL?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Prowler

Did you get a chance to work him out? In your opinion, what are his chances to be good in the NFL?
    No this meeting was not on the field. If you go back to his freshman year he was dynamite. Had 6 picks, then the past two years teams went away from him some. I haven't seen a whole lot of him playing maybe a handful of games but he's pretty fluid in and out of his breaks. Can stop and go pretty well. And knows how to break on the ball. It will all depend on how well he does at the combine. A great performance could get him middle to end of 3rd round. I think if that happens his chances are good.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Cool DeeDub. I've never seen him before but I think I'll go research him, see if I can find some video on him. I like the fact he's a humble young man.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I see what you mean DeeDub. My only question about him is how good he is against the run. Steeler CB's have to be good against the run. Just could not tell that from the video, unfortunately. Looks to be a solid prospect!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Do we really care about a player's potential relationship with God? I've always found that a weird thing to rely on.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    Do we really care about a player's potential relationship with God? I've always found that a weird thing to rely on.
    We all have personal reasons we like to root for certain players to make it or do well.

For me, I care most about a guy's relationship with the Lombardi.

How bad does he want it? That's the guy I want.