Thread: Stephen Hill of GT

Starter

User Info Menu

Stephen Hill of GT

Could he be Ben's Red Zone target? 6'4" 215 lb with a 39.5 vertical Runs a 4.3 40. A possible replacement if Wallace goes elsewhere? Anyone know where he is projected to be taken in the draft.

Starter

User Info Menu

Re: Stephen Hill of GT

[youtube:1v871pbm]kfALNRblfXk[/youtube:1v871pbm]
    Woman: "Sir, what have you given us?"
    Benjamin Franklin: "A Republic, madam, if you can keep it."

[youtube:razli5ow]KFXuGIpsdE0[/youtube:razli5ow]

Starter

User Info Menu

if he didnt run a 4.3 we maybe couldve gotten him with our 3rd or 4th....goodluck with that now
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

With the lack of tape on this guy many are having a tough time projecting him. GT runs a triple option and many of the things I have seen written about Hill is how they like to run behind him, and the lack of QB arms they have had to get him the ball adds to the poor projections; however he does have few spectacular catches including a wow catch today in drills. If other gm's see his eye popping combine and are willing to gamble, he maybe a key to us getting to keep Wallace on a first round tender and one of the teams holding multiple first round picks draft him instead. I do think he would be a nice gamble, looks like a Steelers receiver, and a couple interviews of him on YouTube he looks to be humble yet confident.

I also think McNutt who many around here have touted has had a decent combine. Ran much faster than he plays which may show he has a higher ceiling than thought. He was shorter than anticipated as well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Here's something you need to know about Stephen Hill....he had 28 receptions this past year and 28 drops.

I personally would rather have Marvin McNutt, who catches everything, A.J.Jenkins (very under-rated), Juron Criner (if he doesnt have ijuries this past season, a possible 1st round pick), or Devier Posey (who has really been impressing since the Senior Bowl). And if I am going to take a chance on a project receiver (like Stephen Hill), I think I'd prefer Brian Quick of Appalachian State.

Stephen Hill may have a world class 40 and great measurables but his play on thye field was sub-par.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Here's something you need to know about Stephen Hill....he had 28 receptions this past year and 28 drops.

I personally would rather have Marvin McNutt, who catches everything, A.J.Jenkins (very under-rated), Juron Criner (if he doesnt have ijuries this past season, a possible 1st round pick), or Devier Posey (who has really been impressing since the Senior Bowl). And if I am going to take a chance on a project receiver (like Stephen Hill), I think I'd prefer Brian Quick of Appalachian State.

Stephen Hill may have a world class 40 and great measurables but his play on thye field was sub-par.
    Good posting... I didn't mean to state I would or the Steelers should take in first round. If he fell in the second to us you may have to consider, however I think he was seen as a high second, and now possibly afirst round selection. I have seen the drops, but he hasn't done that when the lights have been on and mattered. Makes me think those qb's he played with were that bad. Other guys are out there, all have chink in their armor, however when it has mattered this guy has stepped it up.

Like you I think we need to address bigger needs first defense or o line; receiver is a luxury better served late. Hill is intriguing and I think he just moved himself up, also opening possibilities because of the measurable for us to keep Wallace. Somebody will bank on that deep speed and large frame, who may have targeted Wallace is my real belief. This guy won't cost them in cash and picks.