Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Meeting with ILB Dont'a Hightower

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers Meeting with ILB Dont'a Hightower

Scott Brown ? @ScottBrown_Trib
    Steelers have scheduled an interview with Alabama LB Dont'a Hightower. He already talked with LB coach Keith Butler.

Hightower: "TThey're interested in me and I'm looking forward to sitting down and talking to coach Tomlin."

Kim Wexel@jimwexell

RB/RS Isaiah Pead just told me the Steelers are interested, and speak highly of him "behind the scenes

James C Wexell ? @jimwexell
    Lucas Nix 'pumped" abt intrvw w/Steelers. Transcript includes bits on Pitt coaches, Faneca, Grimm, Lambert (for subs):

Ok....

Hightower--check
    Nix---------check
    Pead-------check
    Now can someone find my post a few months back when I had Isiah Pead in my mock?
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers Meeting with ILB Dont'a Hightower

Alabama LB Dont'a Hightower To Meet With The Steelers Saturday Night

Yet another young draft hopeful that has been linked to the Pittsburgh Steelers for some time now is linebacker Dont'a Hightower from the University of Alabama. The linebacker group was center stage Saturday at the 2012 NFL combine, along with the defensive linemen group, and Hightower got his turn to talk to the media in the afternoon. During his media session Hightower said he measured in on Saturday at 6 foot 2 and weighed 265 pounds. He announced that he hopes to run a 4.6 in the 40-yard dash...

[url="http://footballblogs.org/entries.php?date=2012-02-25&blog_id=3327"]http://footballblogs.org/entries.php?da ... og_id=3327[/url]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

if he runs a 4.6 it would ease my worry about his ability to play sideline to sideline and I would be ok if we took him in the 1st. that being said, I would still rather have DeCastro or Glenn
    1. CB – Marcus Peters – Washington – 6/190
    2. OG – Josue Matias – Florida State – 6-6/320
    3. OLB – Geneo Grissom – Oklahoma – 6-4/250
    4. DL – Ellis McCarthy – UCLA – 6-5/330
    5. TE – Jeff Heurman – Ohio State – 6-5/255
    6. FS – Adrian Amos – Penn State – 6/200
    7. DT – Terry Williams – East Carolina – 6-1/340

UDFA
    DB – Justin Cox – Mississippi St. – 6-2/190
    OLB – Davis Tull – Chattanooga – 6-2/242

Legend

User Info Menu

time to make a list of players who we've talked with and official visits

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub
    Steelers have scheduled an interview with Alabama LB Dont'a Hightower. He already talked with LB coach Keith Butler.

Hightower: "TThey're interested in me and I'm looking forward to sitting down and talking to coach Tomlin."

Kim Wexel@jimwexell

RB/RS Isaiah Pead just told me the Steelers are interested, and speak highly of him "behind the scenes

Lucas Nix 'pumped" abt intrvw w/Steelers. Transcript includes bits on Pitt coaches, Faneca, Grimm, Lambert (for subs):

Ok....

Hightower--check
    Nix---------check
    Pead-------check
    Now can someone find my post a few months back when I had Isiah Pead in my mock?

Can you tell us how many players you've mocked to the steelers? I mean if I make a new mock every few days I'm probably going to get it right from a process of elimination.

Don't break your arm patting your own back there buddy!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chavezz
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub

Kim Wexel@jimwexell

Ok....

Hightower--check
    Nix---------check
    Pead-------check

Can you tell us how many players you've mocked to the steelers? I mean if I make a new mock every few days I'm probably going to get it right from a process of elimination.

Actually Chavezz, I've done 3 since the beginning of this past college season. And one, today, was really just a modification by brining back someone I had on it earlier. So 3 in the past 5 months isnt one every few days. But like I always say about you, it doesnt matter what I say, you since the days of the Tribune have had this idea about me that you wont allow change. Even if over years of time I myself have changed quite a bit.

This is all in fun. This isnt about patting myself on the back. I am just having fun with this draft thing. But you see it how you want. Personally, I dont think you are a very nice person. You take great pride in attacking me every chance you get it. And me, I've never done anything wrong to you. I'd treat you descent and with respect if you ever gave me an opportunity to do so. But you will hit and run. Show up in one of my posts in a month taking another shot. That's just who you are. And its sad. I pray for you brother.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    very good idea
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER
    very good idea[/quote

Yeah, this is another one of those things that comes up every year and each and every year I say I will save the rules how it works etc. and every year I don't.

In 2008 some really ambitious poster kept track of all the visits in one thread and it was really something. I saved it and dug it up and noticed quite a few of the posters here now made some really on target posts then. The following are some fragments from the thread.

Swedeman

Add User to Ignore List

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:13 pm Reply with quote
    Each NFL team is allowed 30 draft eligible players to visit. Could be useful to keep all information to one thread.
    It has been completed. [He did it for sure. I guess the visits started Mar l7]

Oviedo

Gold Steel Addict
    Add User to Ignore List

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote
    BigBen2112 wrote:
    theYearoftheTROY wrote:
    BigBen2112 wrote:
    Moore= 3/4
    Dykes= 5/6

That's where I have them too. But I have a feeling that the Steelers will reach on Dre Moore, adding him to the 2nd round Steelers bust list.

Id be happy with him in the 3rd, but certainly not in the 2nd. Id rather reach on Pollak at OC in the 2nd than Moore in the 2nd.

RuthlessBurgher
    Gold Steel Addict

Add User to Ignore List

Post Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:06 pm Reply with quote
    hawaiiansteel wrote:
    theYearoftheTROY wrote:
    3rd visit. Much improved.

Aqib Talib 6'1'', 202 Cornerback Kansas

Quote:
    One of the top cornerback prospects in the upcoming NFL draft is visiting the Steelers today.
    Kansas' Aqib Talib is meeting with the team's coaches and scouts, making him the third prospect to pay a visit to the Steelers' South Side facility.

Talib was a first-team All-American selection in 2007, and the 6-1, 200-pounder opted to enter the draft rather than return to Kansas for his senior season.

And now a 4th and 5th visit by Curtis Johnson, OLB/DE Clark-Atlanta and Kendall Langford, DE Hampton

I have them graded as: Aqib Talib 1/2
    Dre Moore 2/3
    Kendall Langford 3/4
    Curtis Johnson 4/5
    Keilen Dykes 5/6

Now we just need a guy with a 6/7 grade, and our draft is complete! Kinda defense-heavy, though. Laughing

Chadman
    Gold Steel Addict

Add User to Ignore List

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quote
    There's no way Dre Moore makes it out of Round 2. Any DT that weighs 305lbs, runs a sub 4.9 & had a good senior season like he did, will be in demand.

[-----Not sure but I do think that is just about what happened with that player]

Okay just one more recognizable name from that thread:

Steel Life
    Gold Steel Addict

Add User to Ignore List

Post Posted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quote
    I'll be curious to see if they bring in Red Bryant (DL) too - he posted great numbers at both the combine & his Pro-Day as well... [I did not think they brought him in but looking at the final list of 30 and there he was.]

This was a remarkable thread for sure. And it was uncanny how many projections on players was accurate. I won't be surprised if that holds true for this years draft.

Frankly, I don't know what to make of those player visits. The Steelers hardly ever get any of those players. Although they do usually bring in the player drafted in rd1. Hmm! Just noticed that Mendenhall did not visit here. There may be a couple others.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bruce Irvin

[url="http://pit.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=2&c=1161989&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a% 2f%2fpit.scout.com%2f2%2f1161989.html"]http://pit.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=2&c=116 ... 61989.html[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

[quote=Dee Dub]
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavezz
    Quote Originally Posted by "Dee Dub":yutdg2d4

Kim Wexel@jimwexell

Ok....

Hightower--check
    Nix---------check
    Pead-------check

Actually Chavezz, I've done 3 since the beginning of this past college season. And one, today, was really just a modification by brining back someone I had on it earlier. So 3 in the past 5 months isnt one every few days. But like I always say about you, it doesnt matter what I say, you since the days of the Tribune have had this idea about me that you wont allow change. Even if over years of time I myself have changed quite a bit.

This is all in fun. This isnt about patting myself on the back. I am just having fun with this draft thing. But you see it how you want. Personally, I dont think you are a very nice person. You take great pride in attacking me every chance you get it. And me, I've never done anything wrong to you. I'd treat you descent and with respect if you ever gave me an opportunity to do so. But you will hit and run. Show up in one of my posts in a month taking another shot. That's just who you are. And its sad. I pray for you brother.[/quote:yutdg2d4]
    I'm sorry. Can we be friends? Lets start over.

I like long walks on the beach and puppies!!