Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers Meeting with ILB Dont'a Hightower

Re: Steelers Meeting with ILB Dont'a Hightower

cool, we now have all four Dont'a Hightower threads together now.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER

Bruce Irvin is a freak.

He will look good in BlacK n Gold.
    Steelers Draft
    Rd 1: Mike Evans - WR
    Rd 2: Kyle Van Noy - ILB/OLB
    Rd 3c: Philip Gaines - CB
    Rd 4: Taylor Hart - DE
    Rd 5: Justin Ellis - DT
    Rd 5c:Xavier Grimble -TE

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER

Bruce Irvin is a freak.

He will look good in BlacK n Gold.

I like Irvin, but doesn't he have that "bad boy" connotation that excludes him from the Steelers' draft board?

Got to get someone to replace Harrison in the next couple of years. We have all become so fixated on ILB, what if they really want a dominant pass rushing OLB so they can shed Harrison's contract??????
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Chavezz

Can you tell us how many players you've mocked to the steelers? I mean if I make a new mock every few days I'm probably going to get it right from a process of elimination.
    Ok you made me put in some work. I went back to see exactly how many times I have done a mock this year and it's really only been one with a few slight modifications. It's been pretty consistent this year Chavezz.

Here's the original.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19651

1—Donta’ Hightower ILB Alabama-----projected to be available at back end of round 1 and plays the “Mike” in Alabama’s 3-4 (legit run stuffer)

2---Markele Martin FS Oklahoma State----will probably need to trade up to get Martin. (can play FS but will eventually be Troy’s replacement at SS). If Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia declares he would be my choice.

3---Isiah Pead RB Cincinnati ----the third down homerun hitter Steelers offense could use (Darren Sproles type) However, if LaMichael James falls he would be my pick.

4—Marvin McNutt WR Iowa--------gives the Steelers young core of receivers that needed height/size. Tough physical receiver who isn’t a afraid to block.

5—Rhett Ellison TE/FB USC-------could mean the end of David Johnson (hopefully)

6---Traded

7--Tony Dye SS UCLA----talented safety who drops due to injuries (neck). Carnell Lake coached him in 2010. Bob Sanders type.
    Steelers 2014 Draft

1-Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
    2-Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-Jordan Tripp ILB/OLB Montana
    4-Christian Jones ILB Florida State
    5-Brent Urban DE Virginia
    5-Michael Schofield OG/OT Michigan
    6-Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State
    6-Ben Gardner DE Stanford
    7-Aaron Colvin CB Oklahoma

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 27, 2012

posted by Dale Lolley

The linebacker prospects also ran on Monday and there are a pair there that should interest the Steelers a great deal.

Boston College's Luke Kuechly (6-3, 242), my personal favorite, answered questions about his speed by blistering the 40 in 4.58 seconds.

Kuchely's instincts might be unmatched by the players available in this draft and the only question about him was whether he had the kind of speed needed to go sideline to sideline. The top tackler in the nation last season with 191(!) answered those questions.

The other top-rated inside linebacker, Alabama's Dont'a Hightower, doesn't have Kuechly's instincts - who does? - but he's built like current Steelers star LaMarr Woodley, with thick legs and body.

At 6-2, 265 pounds, Hightower ran the 40 in 4.68 seconds. He has the added bonus of being able to line up outside as well and give you some pass rush.

Selecting Hightower in the draft would give the Steelers the luxury of never having to move Lawrence Timmons – who was terrible on the outside – out there again.

http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/