Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Fat Casey to Stay With Steelers This Season

  1. #11

    Re: Fat Casey to Stay With Steelers This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    He said Casey would be back...

    He didn't say anything about paying him $8 million...

    That is the key. Casey will be back making a lot less money.
    Are you sure about that? His salary is 4.89 million for this season, but he counts 8 million against the cap! If they try to cut him, and resign him to a cheaper contract, won't they take a huge cap hit? For the same reason, isn't he a poor candidate for re-structure? I can't see the Steelers doing any deal to extend him.

    I might be wrong, but I think he's going to be taking home a lot of $$$ from the Black and Gold this season, even though he will probably spend a lot of it sitting on the sideline.

  2. #12

    Re: Fat Casey to Stay With Steelers This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    He said Casey would be back...

    He didn't say anything about paying him $8 million...

    That is the key. Casey will be back making a lot less money.
    Are you sure about that?
    of course he isn't. Ovi has the extremely annoying habit of presenting his OPINION, as a stone cold fact, which it clearly is not.

    nobody on this board knows exactly how the steelers view casey at this point. I suspect his injury has put them in a difficult spot.

    that is my opinion.

  3. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,343

    Re: Fat Casey to Stay With Steelers This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    He said Casey would be back...

    He didn't say anything about paying him $8 million...

    That is the key. Casey will be back making a lot less money.
    Are you sure about that?
    of course he isn't. Ovi has the extremely annoying habit of presenting his OPINION, as a stone cold fact, which it clearly is not.

    nobody on this board knows exactly how the steelers view casey at this point. I suspect his injury has put them in a difficult spot.

    that is my opinion.
    do we really have to tell everyone when it's our opinion vs fact?

    I thought it was common knowledge that it's always our opinion unless we provide a quote or a source?

  4. #14
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,828

    Re: Fat Casey to Stay With Steelers This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    He said Casey would be back...

    He didn't say anything about paying him $8 million...

    That is the key. Casey will be back making a lot less money.
    Are you sure about that?
    of course he isn't. Ovi has the extremely annoying habit of presenting his OPINION, as a stone cold fact, which it clearly is not.

    nobody on this board knows exactly how the steelers view casey at this point. I suspect his injury has put them in a difficult spot.

    that is my opinion.
    do we really have to tell everyone when it's our opinion vs fact?

    I thought it was common knowledge that it's always our opinion unless we provide a quote or a source?
    A normal person on a message board would pretty well accept that unless something is in quotes (which is why there is a function for that) it is the opinion of the writer. It just takes some longer to figure that out than others.

    It is indeed my opinion, and I will state that with conviction, that Hampton WILL NOT be back at his full salary in 2012. Please respond with your opinion. Unless I see it in quotes I will assume that it in fact an opinion as per the normal course of discussion on message boards whether annoying or not.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

    2014 Draft

    1. Eric Ebron, TE
    2. Calvin Pryor, S
    3 (Comp). Jaylen Watkins, CB
    4. Justin Ellis, DT/NT
    5a. Brandon Coleman, WR
    5b. Brent Urban, DE
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB
    7a. Aaron Colvin, CB
    7b. Storm Johnson, RB

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,826

    Re: Fat Casey to Stay With Steelers This Season

    Why is everyone in a hurry to make cuts? Besides, it's not like this team is deep at NT. Hoke retired, McClendon played well but isn't a starter, the Steelers will not be a big player in FA, which leaves the draft.....and let's face it, a rookie NT is not going start in a 3-4.

    Everyone needs to take a step back to see how Hampton recovers. There is no reason to cut him now.

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cincitucky (Stinktown, U.S.A.)
    Posts
    3,886

    Re: Fat Casey to Stay With Steelers This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz
    Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    I expect Kemo to be cut, but I'm beginning to think that Ward, Hampton, and Farrior will be back. Even Smith and Foote could return depending on what happens with Wallace. I'm surprised.
    Not a fan of bringing Ward or Smith back...

    It feels like that ex boyfriend who still hangs around your girlfriends family because he is "friends" with her brother.

    16 games over 3 seasons why the hell would we bring Smith back? What do we owe him now? Are we really going to make sure he is injured for life before letting him go?
    I'm not saying it is good business or that it is what I'd do. I just get the feeling that this is where we are heading. These are leaders on this team and that is something that I think management is considering.
    1 Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
    2 Stephen Tuitt DE Notre Dame
    3c Keith McGill CB Utah
    4 Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5 Jordan Zumwalt ILB UCLA
    5c Anton Exum S Va Tech
    6 Trey Millard FB/TE Oklahoma
    7 Cody Latimer WR Indiana
    7c DeAnthony Thomas RB Oregon

  7. #17

    Re: Fat Casey to Stay With Steelers This Season

    Hampton started as a rookie, IIRC... they drafted him and immediately moved KVO to defensive end. The run D suffered in Von Oelhoffen's year at NT after Joel Steed retired, and bounced back with Casey in there. Don't see any similarly capable players out there in this draft, though.

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    2,975

    Re: Fat Casey to Stay With Steelers This Season

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks
    Why is everyone in a hurry to make cuts? Besides, it's not like this team is deep at NT. Hoke retired, McClendon played well but isn't a starter, the Steelers will not be a big player in FA, which leaves the draft.....and let's face it, a rookie NT is not going start in a 3-4.

    Everyone needs to take a step back to see how Hampton recovers. There is no reason to cut him now.
    Here here we have all off-season to cut him
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  9. #19
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,095

    Re: Fat Casey to Stay With Steelers This Season

    Casey has never been fat a day in his life...


  10. #20
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Fat Casey to Stay With Steelers This Season

    I hate having all these veterans lingering around. It breeds complacency, entitlement... Besides, we have enough veterans around anyway, without all those guys (Hampton being a poster boy for entitled/complacency).

    I want hungry players. Not hungry in the literal sense (i.e. Hampton). I mean hungry in the figurative sense.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •